Advising clients on a variety of Privacy and Data Protection matters, including on the data protection and cyber implications of the deployment of cutting edge…...
We have an opportunity for an experienced Privacy and Data Protection Associate to join our highly-ranked Privacy and Cyber Security group in London.
Dentons has one of the longest-standing dedicated Privacy and Cyber Security teams of any firm in the City.
Candidates will ideally have 4 to 5 years’ PQE but we will consider applications from candidates outside this range with suitable skills and knowledge.
The 6-partner strong group, led by Nick Graham, is ranked “Leading Individual”, and has a strong teamwork ethic, a focus on subject matter expertise and a first class client management approach. It is essential that candidates are team players, are committed to developing personally and professionally and show a genuine interest in data privacy and cyber issues and developments. A determination to deliver a high quality focused product to our clients is essential, as is maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending a range of Privacy / Data Protection documentation, policies and procedures.
- Advising clients on a variety of Privacy and Data Protection matters, including on the data protection and cyber implications of the deployment of cutting edge AI and blockchain technology.
- Supporting clients on global projects, including:
- Managing large privacy compliance framework projects and advising on Schrems II, and impact of the new ePrivacy Regulation;
- Developing and implementing projects and work plans to assist;
- Applications for Binding Corporate Rules and model clauses projects.
- Responding to cyber incidents including advising on breach notification requirements.
- Assisting regulatory enforcement investigations.
- Negotiating data privacy related contractual documents.
- Having an understanding of DP laws outside the UK.
- Managing local lawyers.
- Contribute to BD and marketing activities.
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team.
- Provide thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally.
Having obtained some experience in all, or some, of the following would be preferable but is not essential:
- Advising clients on a range of Privacy / Data Protection documentation and legal matters;
- Working within a top tier UK or international firm;
- Strong academic track record;
- Experience gained in house within an industry leading organisation would be beneficial;
- Managing global privacy compliance frameworks covering multiple privacy laws (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, CPPA, LGPD, etc.);
- Cyber risk and data breach / dealing with the DPAs;
- Data transfers;
- Data localisation;
- Adtech, consumer data exploitation and strategy;
- Internet of Things and connected devices;
- DSAR and Individual Rights;
- DP Audits and risk assessments;
- Direct Marketing;
- HR data compliance.
Dentons is the world’s largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons’ polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email firstname.lastname@example.org – Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email.
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV’s sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.