We are looking for smart, enthusiastic and experienced engineers who can help drive continuous improvements and best practices for production grade financial SW…...
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-expanding Fintech that is disrupting and revolutionising the finance industry.
We are looking for smart, enthusiastic and experienced engineers who can help drive continuous improvements and best practices for production grade financial SW. Someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, fun & bleeding-edge technology environment and who are looking to challenge themselves and us to do better.
We are an expanding Agile company building up cross functional teams to deliver high quality, scalable software solutions via Scrum/Kanban methodologies. Kaizen (continuous improvement) is a key part of our DNA.
As a senior member of the engineering team you will have many responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Contribute to and help drive the success of all agile teams, through mentoring, technical process improvements, automation and design guidance across all aspects of engineering including development, quality assurance, scalability, security and resiliency
- Evaluate and introduce new approaches and technologies supporting our strategic business deliveries, but also to improve the delivery effectiveness and software quality delivered to our customers. Identifying and eliminating technical bottlenecks.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution and improvements of our SDLC
- You will be working closely with engineers, architects and product managers across the whole business. Engaging with distributed teams and partners to ensure cohesive development across the platform and technical stacks.
- Team player with good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You’re focused on balancing both business and technical requirements, with the experience to understand the importance of quality and reliability.
- You value simplicity and maintainability over excessively abstracted solutions.
- Self-disciplined/self-starter/positive attitude with drive & commitment to deadlines
- Analytical with both big picture view but with strong attention to detail.
As a Principal Software engineer you have 8+ years of real-world commercial experience in delivering production grade software
- Experience working in an Agile development environment within scrum or Kanban teams
- Demonstrable experience mentoring & guiding teams and improving standards.
- Experience in automated testing (Unit, integration), working with a number of automated frameworks (e.g. Robot, NUnit, Jasmine, Cucumber, Selenium/Cyprus, etc)
- TDD and BDD experience an advantage
- Working knowledge of OO Design principles and patterns such as SOLID & DRY
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST and API design for extensibility and portability. Swagger or openAPI experience
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems, including HA, DR, security and resiliency aspects.
- Experience with designing and implementing microservices
- Experience in Agile SDLC practices.
- Kotlin/Java application development experience using springboot
- Proven experience developing SaaS on Azure or AWS.
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high loads including performance and memory profiling
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and build thoughtful solutions
- Experience working with containers and orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, AKS, Docker, istio, etc.)
- Experience in some of Kong, Okta, JWT, Auth0, SSO.
- Experience of Fintech, Secure Coding, secure code reviews.
- Any Blockchain/DLT experience/understanding a benefit
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of workflow engines such as Cumunda
- Solid working knowledge of database design, scripting and optimisation including MS SQL Server, MongoDB or other NoSQL & RDBMS.
- Secure development and integration of DevOps tooling (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Consul, Vault, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Manager Resource templates, workflows, vendor SaaS, etc.)
- C# .NET application development experience (up to .NET Core 2.0)
- Experience working with .NET web application development technologies (E.g. C#, Linq, Entity Framework, MVC, Dependency Injection, Message Queuing)