Job Description: Principal Software Engineer, UI/Web Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trad
Principal Software Engineer, UI/Web
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will lead our Frontend developers who are responsible for building capabilities across a suite of applications within Fidelity Digital Assets. This is a hands-on role where you will set the technical direction for the team and write high-quality code. You will work closely with our product, UX design and platform teams to build intuitive and functional user interfaces. As the most senior technical member of your team, you will guide other engineers to use modern software development practices and help develop their technical skills.
Our team is responsible for building modern user interfaces and driving superior customer experiences. This team partners with product and UX design teams to build the best user interfaces for both our internal and client facing applications. Our applications consume APIs and services built by platform teams within Fidelity Digital Assets, partnering with these teams is essential for delivering quality solutions for our customers.
The Expertise You Have
- Familiar with NgRx, Redux, or other state management patterns
- Skilled in the use of Testing Frameworks such as Jest, Cypress
- Passionate about customer experience and good UX design
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with automated CI/CD environments
- Basic understanding of core Java technologies
- Preferred experience with AWS or other cloud platforms and containerization technologies such as Docker
The Skills You Bring
- A strong foundation in design, development and implementation of user interfaces, portals and customer facing websites, preferred 10 years’ experience
- A leader that advances the engineering practices of the team, including coding conventions, product design, automated build environments and deployment pipelines
- Able to build reliable software that can withstand unreliable environments
- Critical thinking skills to design end-to-end solutions
- Able to work well in both a small agile team and independently, having a strong user focus
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Passionate and committed to learning new things and developing with the latest technologies and frameworks
The Value You Deliver
- Understand detailed requirements and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Produce scalable, resilient, cloud-based systems design aligned with our long-term strategy
- Produce high-quality code, with high test coverage, following Fidelity processes, standards, and methodologies
- Provide outstanding support, including on-call support when necessary
- Mentor and develop technical staff across global sites
Why Fidelity Digital Assets?
Fidelity Digital Assets embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of 130+ forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees
with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
Learn more at https://fidelitydigitalassets.com.
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. Fidelity Digital Assets leverages the operational and technical expertise of the broader Fidelity organization with the unique capabilities of blockchain technology to deliver a completely new offering for institutional investors. Fidelity is one of the world’s largest and most diversified financial services providers with more than $7 trillion in client assets under administration.
We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1,000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1,300 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com.