Principal Security Engineer
Role Overview: Working closely with the Engineering as well as with the Platform teams, you are an essential piece of the puzzle to ensure security best practices are being followed and products
Working closely with the Engineering as well as with the Platform teams, you are an essential piece of the puzzle to ensure security best practices are being followed and products are secure by design.
Additionally, you will be responsible for performing all functions required to support day-to-day data security operations, supporting and maintaining a broad suite of information security infrastructure, accountable for monitoring events, coordinating investigation and reporting of security incidents.
- Work with the engineering team to design, develop and deliver secure, scalable and automated infrastructure using IaC (infrastructure as code)
- Evaluate new processes, products and tools to drive continuous improvement and reduced risk in IT security
- Improve our Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond and Recover capabilities
- Architect, design, and implement security solutions
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful and secure deployment in the cloud
- Promote the security principles for the wider engineering team
- Work as part of a cross-functional dev/ops and sec/ops team as an individual contributor
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience with both hands-on engineering and also the development of security policies and procedures
- Experience with AWS and GCP Cloud Infrastructures (eg. Lambda, Cloudtrail)
- Experience with scripting language such as Python
- Experience integrating with blockchain technologies is a plus
- Recognised security certifications will be highly regarded
- Familiarity with automation and IaC tools (Terraform, etc.)
- Familiarity with working in a remote/distributed team
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Good communication skills in both one-on-one and group settings; you must have the personal gravitas to influence the stakeholders in to developing a security culture
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, select the ‘Apply Now’ button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you’ve worked on and why you think you’d be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback.