Principal Enterprise Architect
As a consultant, you support our customers in the development of groundbreaking architectural overall views. You show innovative ways how new, disruptive technologies can be integrated into traditional architectures, or how companies can build platforms and ecosystems that economically support the new digital business models. An important part of the work is your expressive communication with the management of our customers. You will also play a key role in our service development, assisting in recruitment and talent development.
What working at Zuhlke is all about:
At Zuhlke, we inspire our customers in transforming their visions and ideas into tangible solutions with passion and know how. Our most valuable asset is our people, we value our people, and we are working hard to ensure we create the right working environment so that we can all excel at what we do. Working collaboratively and collectively, solving problems for companies around the world, we unleash the power of human creativity and technical excellence Zuhlke UK
Projects for purpose
We have made it our mission to give our work a deeper meaning. That is why our teams are always focused on creating real positive change for business and society through technology and digital innovation.
We offer a variety of flexible working options to cater to people’s needs. With compressed hours, remote, hybrid, in office and part-time all being viable options dependent on project requirements and specific role expectations.
As one of our top strategic goals, we are devoted to sustainability. Not only are we net-zero as a business ourselves, but we are also strategically positioning our business offerings in the area of decarbonisation and green energy and to help clients develop sustainable digital solutions.
We have a strong learning culture. 10% of our annual turnover is dedicated to the continuous training and development of our skills and capabilities. We also hold a ‘Zuhlke camp’ annually, where we can learn from each other and have fun!
Diversity and Inclusion
For us, diversity means people working together in teams whose uniqueness and differences enable them to achieve the best possible results. We are constantly looking to improve on how best to further diversity and become more inclusive.
Our core values are integrity, courage, customer success, and top performance. We look for individuals who live these values, we encourage each other as colleagues to consistently align with our values and we ensure these values are engrained in all that we do at Zuhlke.
Your role includes.
- You advise on demanding, strategically important architectural projects. Your strength is the development of enterprise architectures together with interdisciplinary teams.
- You enjoy positioning Zühlke and our offer effectively on the market (pre-sales) and leading our offers to success
- Your architectural proposals are future-oriented and enable the implementation of the business strategy or new business models
- You are very familiar with the most important topics of architecture management and incorporate this knowledge into your consulting mandates
- You assess Information Technology landscapes methodically and quickly know which systems and processes work efficiently.
- You recognize critical weak points and propose effective countermeasures.
- Concise and targeted communication with management and agile development teams is a regular part of your work. Your human qualities create trust, team spirit, energy and clarity
- You moderate architecture workshops and jointly develop ideas for architecture, architecture management or roadmaps
- Your concepts accurately describe meaning and purpose, opportunities and risks and result in well-founded recommendations
We would love to hear from you if you have ANY of the following:
- Extensive professional experience as an Enterprise Architect with exposure to the Data, Application or Technology Domains
- Adept at engaging with Enterprise Architecture & Architecture Functions
- Leads with gravitas and comfortable operating at Senior Leadership Team to Board Level
- In-depth knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, SABSA or other lightweight frameworks)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture Modelling Tools and Techniques
- Competence in the areas of Lean, Agile and DevOps
- Both a technical background with software engineering and experience with business analysis and project management are required.
- Practical experience with common architecture concepts such as Microservices, SOA and Omnichannel
- Extensive knowledge of current technologies (Cloud, Mobile, IoT, Big Data/Machine Learning/AI, Blockchain, AR/VR, etc.) in relation to their influence on the enterprise architecture
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick learner and strong problem solving skills
- Analytical, customer-oriented, creative and innovative
- Team-oriented personality with integrity, valuable coach, directly and sustainably in building trust with customers and Zühlke
- Experience in more than one industry is desirable
What we offer:
- Ongoing training and development
- Working alongside some of the most technically gifted people in the industry
- A dedicated mentor to guide, advise and assist you on project-based assignments
- Annual camp where we get together to learn and connect with one another
- A clearly defined achievement-based career path
- An ethical, trust-based and collaborative culture with transparent communication and open feedback
- Independence and flexibility to work from home
- Varied and challenging assignments
- Opportunity to work on overseas assignments (language skills permitting)
- Competitive starting salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
- You establish long-term, partnership-oriented relationships and develop and maintain them
- You think and act in the interests of the organisation as a whole and utilise synergies
- You take personal initiative in confronting obstacles and failures, have an optimistic overall attitude and take measures to ensure performance in the long term
Even if you feel you don’t meet all the requirements yet, we are still happy to get to know you, learn more about your ambitions and ideas and look forward to receiving your application!
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.