Moving goods across continents is one thing. Building the platforms that power it, another. As an international business on a high-tech journey, we co-create platforms that make supply chains mor
Moving goods across continents is one thing.
Building the platforms that power it, another.
As an international business on a high-tech journey, we co-create platforms that make supply chains more efficient and more secure, but also support life-enhancing opportunities for people and communities around the world.
Growing your skills with Maersk means leading the digital revolution of global trade. Building on blockchain to modernise how the world moves? Connecting the global shipping ecosystem? All of this is Maersk. Where will your technology career move next?
As a principal engineer at Maersk, you will have an instrumental role driving technology solutions and join the ranks of Maersk Technology’s most senior technical community. You will oversee the research, development, and design of engineering projects for Service Delivery systems and applications. You will work on our hardest problems, building high quality, future proof systems that are aligned with our business needs.
Let’s go into the amazing
You will be part of the Service Delivery Platform focused on streamlining, optimizing, and automating container operations via advanced software solutions. You will join one of our highly capable scrum teams in Copenhagen and will work closely with both business and technology to build the digital backbone of our global container logistics business.
As Principal Software Engineer we offer you the opportunity to take central part in designing and implementing high value software products for our business. You will be part of a strong engineering team working together to build highly resilient, available, performant, and maintainable software. There are a lot of challenging and interesting problems ahead, and through close collaboration with both business and technology you will be a key part of that journey.
The Service Delivery Platform is a geographically distributed initiative, with world-class engineering teams in Denmark (Copenhagen), Spain (Algeciras), and India (Bangalore, Pune), and end users and stakeholders situated all over the globe – you will be part of this international and diverse organization consisting of highly talented and motivated people from across the world.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment, with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope, complexity and ambiguity for Service Delivery. Ability to anticipate and prevent future problems. Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward user-centric solutions.
- Serve as technical lead in the design, implementation and deployment of successful cross-functional projects for next generation Service Delivery’s technology strategy.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering teams to define the tech transformation design and approach, including principles and guardrails (in alignment with EA frameworks).
- Identify and champion new capabilities & technologies for the platform. Ability to find innovation opportunities between multiple teams with a willingness to experiment and to bold confront problems. Guide conversations to remove blockers and encourage collaboration. Act as point of escalation for scrum teams facing complex technical challenges.
- Mentor / Coach Lead Senior engineers. Make the whole team better by advocating for best practices within team and across organization. Establish design patterns and technologies and drive engineering excellence. Ensure teams are solving for NFRs (performance, scale, resilience, quality) before implementing.
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent. Play an active role in improving our ability to attract and retain technical talent
- Drive transformation initiatives through hackathons and IP sprints.
We are looking for
You are an innovative and experienced, thought Leader with deep hands-on technical skills and a passion for developing other engineers.
You are a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into workable technical solutions. You are a recognized expert of both breadth and depth in multiple technology domains relevant to Maersk.
You are hands-on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level designs with the ability to engage with business problems and leaders.
With your world class collaboration skills, you are the link between multiple technology platforms and you leverage key relationships to ensure alignment of technical direction. With your design excellence and architectural expertise you are able to translate highly complex problems into simple solutions with real-world application.
You balance risk with value when driving technology transformation and you will guide our teams through complex technology shifts without disrupting the business.
We’re looking for someone outstanding, someone who has the following experiences and has clearly demonstrated many of these skills:
- Ability to communicate complex messages, constructively challenge Product Owners and related stakeholders. Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives. Ability to quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from outcomes.
- Enterprise strategic thinking in a complex environment with large degree of ambiguity. Demonstrated ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussions.
- Proven track record of design and building platforms/applications/Services in a large distributed scale
- 10+ years as hands-on senior level software development engineer. Design and execution of complex projects, within secure by design, micro-service and event driven architectures that power web platforms and mobile applications.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and adapting existing technical and solutions architecture to meet the needs of an evolving business. Knowledge of contemporary technology stacks and the ability to drive adoption/transformation decisions. Technical Implementations that support architectural changes to solve scaling, performance and multi-cloud deployment needs.
- Ability to flag team dysfunction at a technical or iterative development level. Act as mentor to help engineers level up.
- A solid understanding of agile system development at Enterprise level.
- Drive automation in test, integration, deployment, and support.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of structured programming languages like Java or C#, design patterns and principles like SOLID, OOP, etc. Experience with web application frameworks. Experience with relational and NoSql data stores and search engines. Experience with building or adopting orchestration layers.
- Experience working with security teams and strong understanding of industry standard security protocols.
- Experience negotiating and designing modern APIs. Experience establishing, evolving and evangelizing API standard
- Working knowledge of building cloud-agnostic or multi-cloud enabled applications.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
- Denmark Copenhagen Local IT