p span style font weight 400 Like the brakes on a car, the Security team s mission is to enable Chainalysis to accelerate with co...
Like the brakes on a car, the Security team’s mission is to enable Chainalysis to accelerate with confidence. Our Vision is to build an environment where Information Security risks are identified, understood, and managed to an acceptable level across Chainalysis. We have the tools, resources, and expertise to make optimal decisions for business success.
Principal Detection Engineers are instinctively driven to improve the environment around them whether that be infrastructure, systems, or methodologies. Reducing repeatable tasks through automation and diving into large data sets to create meaning comes naturally. We measure their success by the ability to have actionable and curated intelligence derived from internal data sources and positive impact on our security posture and culture.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Architected high-volume logging platform and data pipeline to support multiple data types and sources
- Developed high-fidelity, contextualized and actionable alerts, reports and dashboards
- Proactively worked to identify, prioritize, and solution risks across the technology stack
- Researched emerging threat trends, intelligence sources and detection capabilities
- Drove a security culture that embodies our philosophy of guardrails not gates
- Articulated complex challenges into concise descriptions and recommendations
- Support and elevate the team through mentorship and knowledge sharing
A background like this helps:
- Previously architected a SIEM solution for large enterprises
- Experience leveraging data science to enhance security telemetry
- Demonstrate multi-domain expertise (e.g.Information Security, Engineering and IT)
- Developed automations and/or software using languages such as Python, Java or TypeScript
- Mentor and team leader with the ability to explain the “why” behind decisions and technical concepts