Some exposure to “Digital Transformation” essential – e.g., strategic consulting (roadmaps, workflows…), established and emerging technologies (data analytics,…...
Principal Consultants – Digital Transformation
Attractive Package – Senior Roles
EU or UK Nationals or UK Work Permit Holder
With offices in the US and UK, the Company has for the last 25 years, advised companies through transformation and complex change. They have a strong team of expert consultants across many Energy and Industrial Sectors. Their consultancy approach is highly successful, resulting in projects globally, tight partnerships with clients and a great deal of ongoing and referral business. Their focus on understanding all aspects of their client’s business, operations, and challenges is key to their delivery of effective implementations, better results, and value that lasts. As partners, they listen, challenge and deliver meaningful sustainable change that delivers greatly improved business.
The Company is well established in business sectors such as Upstream Oil and Gas, Refining and Chemical and Industrial sectors. They have a matrix organisation with Practices supporting these business sectors globally.
- Work closely with Industry/Sector Leads – supporting them with project delivery and in pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Work closely with other Practice Consultants – to drive knowledge, excellence and recognition in the market.
- It is expected that you will spend 70% of your time on billable project delivery and 30% on supporting business development activities.
- Learn and promote the Company’s project management methodology to team players – strive for a coherent use of project tools, approaches and templates.
- As a Principal Consultant – Take responsibility for your Digital Transformation consultancy projects:
- Provide leadership and management of projects, which could consist of 2-5+ people.
- Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and coaching to more junior members of the team.
- Work with Operations to make sure that all aspects of the Contract for Services are well defined, achievable and agreed.
- Build or contract in personnel with the skills and expertise required to undertake required projects.
- Engage with third parties or the company’s alliance partners for the execution of deliverables as required.
- Set KPI’s and monitor and strive for high levels of customer satisfaction levels and endorsements.
- Oversee all aspects of the project deliverables.
- Coordinate with Internal Operations re skill requirements and development for upcoming projects.
- Strive for repeat and referral business.
- Work with Business Development to:
- Provide subject matter expertise to potential new clients.
- Promote how digital transformation can leverage optimisation reduced costs and achieve higher profitability.
- Work with identified clients to determine their workflows and to support the development of a wining proposal for consultancy services.
- Manage assigned accounts for digital transformation – building strong working relationships with key players.
- Identify opportunities and partner with Business Development to pursue them.
- Work with marketing to raise the recognition and reputation of the Company and practice across the sectors.
- Be proactive in industry events e.g. conferences, forums, debates – ensure the Company is perceived as a key player in the Digital Transformation space.
- Support and mentor team members. Share knowledge and information – strive to raise the level of professionalism and understanding of the subject
- A technology/computing degree desired as is an MBA.
- A Minimum of 10 years consultancy experience, with at least 5 years in the Digital world essential.
- Previous experience providing, leading or managing consultancy service delivery essential.
- Some exposure to “Digital Transformation” essential – e.g., strategic consulting (roadmaps, workflows…), established and emerging technologies (data analytics, automation, artificial intelligence, cloud migration, blockchain and digital twins..), stakeholder engagement, change management….
- Solid Project Management expertise essential – PM certifications desired.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills with focus on building teams of excellence – ensure team members are constantly upskilling.
- Proven client facing expertise essential. The ability to engage, listen, comprehend and propose coherent solutions.
- Experience in helping companies build business cases for adopting new technology solutions highly desired.
- A deep understanding of the current trends, challenges and technologies used desired.
- An understanding of change management thinking – especially pertaining to disruptive technologies highly desired.
- An understanding of the current trends, challenges and technologies used desired.
- Some experience in business development/sales highly desired.
- Ability to work/manage concurrent projects essential – potentially you could manage 2-3 projects worldwide.
- A passion for this new digital age essential. Expertise in how energy companies are adapting new digital practices especially in the energy transition desired.
- A strong appreciation for stakeholder management and client satisfaction.
- A strong team player who can also work across a matrix organisation essential.
- Excellent communication/engagement skills essential – you will interact with many levels of technical and commercial players in the delivery of services (across clients, internally and 3rd parties).
- Strong presentation skills – working closely with Business Development, you will assist in the preparation and presentation of high-level wining consultancy proposals and project reports to key players.
- Be actively involved in the industry essential – through speaking at conference, debates, forums or writing articles for publications.
- A respectfully assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships and motivate teams.
- A creative and innovative problem solver – thinks conceptually and ‘out of the box’.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products specifically: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word essential. Experience in MS Teams desired.
- Can travel as required across Europe and the Middle East.
To apply for this job:
1) Please review your registration and ensure it is current.
2) Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience) b) your availability and c) your day rate expectations.