In 2020, Gemini launched our full services in the UK - our first international market outside the US - after securing our Electronic Money Institutions license…...
Help us Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini empowers individuals through crypto by providing simple, reliable and secure ways for people to buy, sell and store cryptocurrency. We are a globally regulated cryptocurrency exchange and custodian with a focus on product, security, licensing and compliance.
In 2020, Gemini launched our full services in the UK – our first international market outside the US – after securing our Electronic Money Institutions license and Cryptoasset registration from the Financial Conduct Authority.
Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavour to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Marketing and Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organisation. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, integrated communications, including owned content, including our blogs and social media, paid content and earned media and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Principal, Communications
Gemini is seeking a strategic communicator on a Fixed Term Contract to execute and manage an integrated communications strategy to support our retail and institutional product offerings in the UK.
The Principal will design and implement campaigns – including overall strategy and tactical plans – with the goal of increasing brand awareness and customer acquisition. They will work cross-functionally with teams including business development, strategy, product, engineering, marketing, customer support and communications to ensure that all marketing and communications activities align with regulatory requirements, support roadmaps, and advance business objectives.
The Principal will manage an external agency and work closely with an internal Associate.
Role and responsibilities:
- Design and implement integrated marketing and communications campaigns to launch new product offerings and announce partnerships, thought leadership, and other business updates.
- Proatively identify, secure, and manage a high-quality programme of brand enhancing speaking, events, awards, and media opportunities to support key senior leaders in the market.
- Effectively evaluate and manage inbound media requests.
- Coordinate and facilitate media interviews and other interactions with external stakeholders in an appropriate manner.
- Adequately prepare spokespeople, providing talking points using Gemini messaging, and offering interview techniques.
- Create communications and marketing materials to be used on Gemini’s central channels and in local campaigns, including press releases, messaging, quotations, talking points, blogs, bylines, Q&As, social media content, webinar presentations, digital ad copy, sponsored media ad copy.
- Manage the UK PR agency to continue to build Gemini’s media relationships, and deliver campaign objectives strictly within budget.
- Oversee and contribute to digital marketing strategy with other stakeholders to run revenue-generating ads across platforms, ensuring policies and FCA guidelines are adhered to.
- Help implement Gemini’s Affiliate Programme in the region in collaboration with the US marketing team, ensuring Gemini is featured positively on third-party review sites.
- Identify and manage potential sponsorship and partnership opportunities to increase brand awareness and generate leads.
- Expecting 6 months +, negotiable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10+ years experience in communications
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining composure and flexibility under tight deadlines
- Experience building strong relationships internally across cross functional teams
- Exceptional writing skills and proven ability to distill complex technical information into media and customer-friendly language
- Exemplary professionalism, strong judgment, and discretion, especially when under tight deadlines
- Experience managing relationships with external agencies/press
- Demonstrated experience building and managing comms strategy for the financial services and/or technology industries
- Experience working in communications in the regulated finance, tech or fintech space with app and web products desirable.
- Experience launching disruptive technology products in a new market
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.