Job Description: The Role We are currently seeking a Principal Cloud Engineer to work in the FCAT Blockchain Incubator. The blockchain incubator development team is building production-ready cloud a
We are currently seeking a Principal Cloud Engineer to work in the FCAT Blockchain Incubator. The blockchain incubator development team is building production-ready cloud applications in this exciting phase of the blockchain evolution. Do you have a strong background in cloud engineering? Are you looking for a collaborative new opportunity? Do you want the opportunity to work closely with business and technology partners across Ireland and the US? Are you curious about blockchain and cryptocurrencies (nice to have)?
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Extensive experience working with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Azure ARM templates).
- Proven hands-on experience with two or more languages – Java, NodeJS, Python, etc.
- Proven experience working hands-on with Amazon’s Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Hands-on experience working with container and serverless applications (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience designing and architecting cloud-native applications.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing CI/CD pipelines.
- Very strong technical capability to learn and passionate about new technologies and cloud trends.
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers on standard methodology and engineering excellence.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Experience working in globally distributed teams.
- Bonus: Interest in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space is a plus!
The FCAT Blockchain Incubator team is a global team, with members in Ireland, Boston, and India. You will have the opportunity to work on the next generation of applications within Fidelity and learn new and exciting technologies. The team will be primarily focused on AWS to start with, but Azure skills are of interest too.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com.