Presales Solution Architect
Job Description: The Service Line Solution Architect’s primary role is to design competitive, deliverable, and profitable solutions that enable DXCs’ clients to meet their business objectives. Thi
The Service Line Solution Architect’s primary role is to design competitive, deliverable, and profitable solutions that enable DXCs’ clients to meet their business objectives. This Role brings a combination of technical and digital subject matter expertise in the application services area, knowledge in at least one vertical industry segment, the ability to work in a high performing team, and the ability to collaborate with clients.
- Provide Presales support on early-stage deals.
- Interacts with clients in a consultative way, asking probing, relevant questions to understand client business objectives, draw out underlying issues and validate solution options. Applies active listening techniques.
- Provides subject matter expertise to clients in application services during early deal stages to demonstrate DXC capability and articulate how a solution with DXC and partner offerings will support the client business objectives.
- Defines the solution strategy. Determines key differentiators that will resonate with the client to ensure the solution resolves the client business challenges. Ensures all aspects of the solution strategy are addressed to ensure that the solution strategy covers technical, delivery, financial and commercial aspects.
- Conducts Application Assessment, Workshop, Discovery of Apps using tools and develops business cases.
- Leads the solution development team which may consist of other Solution Architects, SME’s and partners, depending on the size and nature of the pursuit.
- Confirms the solution strategy with the client. Articulates the DXC view aligning to the client business and digital strategy. Demonstrates the solution to the client when applicable and participates in proofs of concept required to close the opportunity with the client.
- Translates the business requirements into a technical solution. Identifies acceptable solution trade-offs and risks to both DXC and the client.
- Collaborates effectively with the appropriate delivery leaders to design the solution and agree on key solution parameters. And follows corporate governance process with Delivery & Business.
- Aligns the client’s business objectives, the technical solution, and the Statement of Work. Develops and costs a cost-effective solution that meets the client’s requirements, maximizes DXC’s competitive advantage, and adheres to the allowable cost.
- Constructs a transformation plan that is based on a business journey and walks the customer through the business value and outcomes delivered through that journey.
- Builds and maintains a deep understanding of DXC and partner offerings (features, advantages, and business benefits to clients) in the application services area.
- Provides onboarding assistance to the delivery team by providing guidance on ‘intent,’ previous client discussions, and drivers for design decisions. Ensures solution is implemented as designed.
To be successful in the role you need to have:
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with CxO or Director level client executives.
- Ability to `tell a story` to explain the business problem, how the solution solves that business problem and the advantages that it brings. Tells the story from the customer perspective using relevant business terms and is not just focused on the technical aspects.
- Subject matter expertise in modern applicable services areas, such as:
- Application Discovery & Assessments
- Application Migration Tools and Processes
- Estimating Migration Effort
- Cloud Platforms
- Modern Application Development (Cloud Native Development, Mobile Development, Microservices, IoT, APIs, UX/UI, Low Code,…)
- Application Testing, Digital Assurance and Security
- Deep understanding of the role of IT within a chosen vertical industry segment including key business processes and associated IT trends. Ability to apply industry knowledge to solutions.
- Knowledge of emerging and trending digital technologies (ie. AI, Mobility, Blockchain, Machine Learning, RPA, IoT, etc.) and how they intersect with industry-related business patterns.
- Able to construct financial models, to understand the cost drivers and challenge to ensure price competitiveness.
- Understanding of the concepts of lean approaches and Agile methodologies and related methods (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, DevOps); be able to apply these as appropriate in different client contexts.
- Ability to influence peers, team, organizational leaders, and clients; challenges the status quo.
- Capability to “carry the room” when presenting or demonstrating solutions.
- Compelling writing and speaking ability.
- Willingness to learn from and mentor others.
- Exhibits the following personal characteristics: reliability, confidence, collaboration, tenacity, positive attitude, proactive nature, flexibility, calm demeanor during pressure, ability to work in a team environment, and accepts responsibility as well as feedback and criticism.
- 10+ years of experience in application services.
- 5+ years of experience architecting solutions with a strong understanding of sales and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Technical certifications and accreditations related to modern application services.
- Fluent Danish and English.
- Ability to travel.