Employment Type: Regular Full Time. The Presales Consultant possesses advanced knowledge of SAP solutions and participates in sales cycles as a member of the…...
Requisition ID: 279307
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Presales Consultant in SAP Technology Platform
SAP Midsize Market Sales is looking for a Senior Presales Consultant that will showcase how our Business Technology Platform solution meets the business needs of our customers. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced IT Consultant or Application development Consultant with extensive knowledge in cloud applications developments and integrations. The location of this position is Barcelona, Spain.
Do you want to work with innovative technologies such as Machine Learning and Predictive capabilities embedded in cloud ERP solution?
Do you want to be part of a team that creates exciting demos and convince C-Levels to adopt Game Changer Solutions?
If you are result-driven and creative, if success as a team is a key driver, if you love the frenzy that comes with victories, if you are looking for a multicultural work environment that rewards excellence and over-achievement, then feel free to apply.
If you want to know more about what a Presales Consultant is doing, here is a short video:
What is a senior presales consultant?
The Presales Consultant possesses advanced knowledge of SAP solutions and participates in sales cycles as a member of the virtual account team in support of the sales account strategy. A Presales Consultant interacts with prospective customers through discovery conversations, product solution demonstrations, executive presentations and follow-up discussions.
What a senior presales consultant’s day looks like?
- Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales messages, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives.
- Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
- In advance of a demonstration or key presentation, conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customer in order to build relationships with the customer and understand their unique needs.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of SAP solutions in order to maintain credibility with prospective customers. Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
- Support RFx completion in support of customer proposals.
- Ability to effectively present to customers “remotely” using virtual technologies (SAP Virtual Studio and Adobe Connect).
- Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition.
- Support one-to-many sales and marketing events both on-site and remotely.
- Support Design Thinking workshops to promote new and innovative solutions for customers and prospects.
What does the success look like?
- Help customers discover, buy, use, and love SAP technology solutions that meets and exceeds their individual expectations
- Illuminate product offerings and cross platform ecosystem integration
- Effectively respond to changing environment, circumstances, and situations through customer engagements
- Have a level of intuitiveness to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Drive for Results
- Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes by using effective approaches to solve problems
- Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit customers, both externally and internally
Influencing for Impact
- Continuously maintain product knowledge by learning through others along with self-educating, showcasing product building on our #SuccessAsATeam culture
- Possesses the ability to persuade positive business outcomes through interactions with customers and team mates’
- Feel empowered to engage with peers and leaders in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers lives
- Combines resources and joins efforts with teammates to achieve company goals
What are the mandatory requirements in terms of experience & language?
- Strong knowledge of cloud application development framework
- 2+ years of experience in cloud application development and/or middleware integration
- 2+ years of presales experience or equivalent customer facing experience
- Ability to define and present use cases to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work in complex, virtual and international matrix environment
- Team worker & networker
- SAP Business Technology Platform knowledge is a plus.
- Presentation and digital communication skills (Video editing, Graphic Design Tools) is a plus
- Fair knowledge of advanced technologies i.e. Machine Learning and Blockchain
- English: proficient
- French: native
What are the education requirements?
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- MBA / Ph.D.: optional
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.