Working at Bitfury: Bitfury is a leading emerging technologies company. At Bitfury, you can build the solutions of the future, with the most significant technologies of the millennium, in a modern
Bitfury is a leading emerging technologies company. At Bitfury, you can build the solutions of the future, with the most significant technologies of the millennium, in a modern and flexible workplace. We work a bit faster, and a bit smarter, so we can make the world a bit better.
Benefits of Working at Bitfury:
International Experiences & Global Impacts
Bitfury is an international company with 200+ team members in more than 16 countries. No matter your assignment, your work will support global technology initiatives and best-in-class security operations in North America, Asia and Europe, as well as help us fulfil our mission to make the world more trusted and secure.
Building the Future
We believe big data, artificial intelligence, blockchain technology, tokenized economies and cryptocurrencies are the future of our digital, global economy. Bitfury is building this future through our products that offer digitised security, asset management, government services and more. We consider ourselves first and foremost a technology company. We are a diversified organisation, with operations across multiple facets of the AI, blockchain, and digital currency sectors. If you are passionate about emerging technologies, you can build your future at Bitfury.
Accelerate Your Career
Bitfury is growing fast and looking for the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs to help us. At Bitfury, you will be expected to create the future – not just execute it. If you are a self-starter, driven and collaborative team member, you can create a dynamic future for yourself and your career at Bitfury.
Modern Workplace with Intelligent Flexibility
Bitfury lets you work in the way you need to work to make your work faster, smarter and better. We will give you the resources you need to succeed – competitive pay and benefits, educational support, intellectual challenges, professional advancement, personal accommodations including remote work, and more. We pride ourselves on being less bureaucratic and a lot more impactful.
Start-up Culture with Established Results
Working with the world’s leading experts and engineers, you will have the opportunity at Bitfury to pursue results that will power your success as well as lead to the adoption of game-changing technologies. Our teams work every day to make the impossible possible, to change the game, to be agile and effective, and most of all – to empower the rest of the world to do the same.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
We at Bitfury ensure our team members possess the ability to think out of the box and make the impossible possible. We are self-motivated and result-oriented, and we have an “owner of the company” mindset. We are constantly self-educating and developing. We are able to work in a team and collaborate. We have a “do good” mindset and are not afraid to dream big. And of course, we always deliver in time what we promised and with extreme attention to detail — because if we are not able to do the little things right, we will never be able to do big things right.
The role consists in optimisation of daily power procurement processes and support in identifying, securing power procurement contracts for the development of Bitfury’s data centers in Norway/Sweden and Canada.
Duties and responsibilities
- Permanent review of Company’s current contract prices;
- Identification of market opportunities and potential new suppliers, execute contract re-negotiations;
- Define tactics and methods:
- Define and refine electricity purchase tactics;
- Refine methids of electricity cost reporting and analysis;
- Develop tactics and methods implementation plan (e.g. propose additional electricity suppliers);
- Develop hedging policy (electricity and certificates):
- Perform historical price analysis;
- Prepare risk profile assessment and proposal for hedging portfolio content, including time horizons. PPA opportunity mapping;
- Developing hedging instructions;
- Implementing hedging plan.
- Daily power procurement (EU, North America)
- Support with search for new promising sites for future Data Centers with cheap energy and available power.
- Support with paper work, managing external consultants and/or subcontractors (certified estimates for applications, preliminary design, etc), upon request;
- 5-year minimum experience in the power sector;
- Understanding of power market structures, rules and ancillary services;
- Understanding the power generation, transmission and distribution mechanisms as physically, as commercially.
- Ability to breakdown and model grid tariffs and ancillary services;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work autonomously.
- Basic understanding of Bitcoin blockchain and mining economics;
- Power trading experience;
- Strong network across power generating companies in Europe and North America.