Working at Bitfury: Bitfury is a leading emerging technologies company. At Bitfury, you can build the solutions of the future, with the most significant technologies of the millennium, in a modern
Bitfury is a leading emerging technologies company. At Bitfury, you can build the solutions of the future, with the most significant technologies of the millennium, in a modern and flexible workplace. We work a bit faster, and a bit smarter, so we can make the world a bit better.
Benefits of Working at Bitfury:
International Experiences & Global Impacts
Bitfury is an international company with 200+ team members in more than 16 countries. No matter your assignment, your work will support global technology initiatives and best-in-class security operations in North America, Asia and Europe, as well as help us fulfil our mission to make the world more trusted and secure.
Building the Future
We believe big data, artificial intelligence, blockchain technology, tokenized economies and cryptocurrencies are the future of our digital, global economy. Bitfury is building this future through our products that offer digitised security, asset management, government services and more. We consider ourselves first and foremost a technology company. We are a diversified organisation, with operations across multiple facets of the AI, blockchain, and digital currency sectors. If you are passionate about emerging technologies, you can build your future at Bitfury.
Accelerate Your Career
Bitfury is growing fast and looking for the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs to help us. At Bitfury, you will be expected to create the future – not just execute it. If you are a self-starter, driven and collaborative team member, you can create a dynamic future for yourself and your career at Bitfury.
Modern Workplace with Intelligent Flexibility
Bitfury lets you work in the way you need to work to make your work faster, smarter and better. We will give you the resources you need to succeed – competitive pay and benefits, educational support, intellectual challenges, professional advancement, personal accommodations including remote work, and more. We pride ourselves on being less bureaucratic and a lot more impactful.
Start-up Culture with Established Results
Working with the world’s leading experts and engineers, you will have the opportunity at Bitfury to pursue results that will power your success as well as lead to the adoption of game-changing technologies. Our teams work every day to make the impossible possible, to change the game, to be agile and effective, and most of all – to empower the rest of the world to do the same.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
We at Bitfury ensure our team members possess the ability to think out of the box and make the impossible possible. We are self-motivated and result-oriented, and we have an “owner of the company” mindset. We are constantly self-educating and developing. We are able to work in a team and collaborate. We have a “do good” mindset and are not afraid to dream big. And of course, we always deliver in time what we promised and with extreme attention to detail — because if we are not able to do the little things right, we will never be able to do big things right.
The role consists in (a) identifying and securing power procurement contracts for the development of Bitfury’s data-centers and (b) continuously managing and optimising power supply conditions for existing sites.
Duties and responsibilities
- Originate and secure new sites and power procurement contracts well-suited for data-center development in Europe and Canada;
- Manage a network of energy brokers and agents all over Europe and Canada;
- Lead negotiations of power purchase agreements in collaboration with the respective departments and CEO;
- Perform the necessary financial modelling to both inform power procurement terms for contracts under negotiation and regularly assess cost optimization opportunities for existing contracts;
- Manage contractual relationships with energy provider;
- Follow energy regulatory frameworks and assess the impact of potential changes on existing power contracts and new leads;
- Interact regularly with Operation Department to optimize power consumption profile and costs;
- Support global efforts regardless of region, stay flexible to support various initiatives that can result in incremental business/capital for Group Company.
- Responsible for power forecasting, system requirement and resource schedules;
- Oversee and develop cost inputs to capex and opex models, financial reports and needed documentation to CEO and main stakeholders;
- Develop financial analysis and models and business cases;
- Lead consultations and negotiations with the main stakeholders;
- Lead effective internal communication and alignment on power and renewable plans, forecasts, budgets etc;
- Provide market price models, forecasting and market trends analysis;
- Provide best solutions to the business on market changes and adaptation opportunities;
- Model and plan price optimization initiatives;
- Lead company presentations and interactions with financial institutions to secure project funding;
- Lead business development efforts for Group Company’s new potential ‘sales channels’
- Ensure that all local power compliance reports are completed;
- 5-year minimum experience in the power sector;
- Understanding of power market structures, rules and ancillary services;
- Ability to breakdown and model grid tariffs and ancillary services;
- Proficient in financial modelling skills to define power procurement strategies;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work autonomously.
- Basic understanding of Bitcoin blockchain and mining economics;
- Power trading experiences In deregulated markets;
- Development and financing of power plants, including renewable assets;
- Network of power providers and asset owners in Europe/Canada.