Position Summary: The role consists in (a) identifying and securing power procurement contracts for the development of Bitfury’s data-centers and (b) continuously managing and optimising power supply
The role consists in (a) identifying and securing power procurement contracts for the development of Bitfury’s data-centers and (b) continuously managing and optimising power supply conditions for existing sites.
Duties and responsibilities
- Originate and secure new sites and power procurement contracts well-suited for data-center development in Europe and Canada;
- Manage a network of energy brokers and agents all over Europe and Canada;
- Lead negotiations of power purchase agreements in collaboration with the respective departments and CEO;
- Perform the necessary financial modelling to both inform power procurement terms for contracts under negotiation and regularly assess cost optimization opportunities for existing contracts;
- Manage contractual relationships with energy provider;
- Follow energy regulatory frameworks and assess the impact of potential changes on existing power contracts and new leads;
- Interact regularly with Operation Department to optimize power consumption profile and costs;
- Support global efforts regardless of region, stay flexible to support various initiatives that can result in incremental business/capital for Group Company.
- Responsible for power forecasting, system requirement and resource schedules;
- Oversee and develop cost inputs to capex and opex models, financial reports and needed documentation to CEO and main stakeholders;
- Develop financial analysis and models and business cases;
- Lead consultations and negotiations with the main stakeholders;
- Lead effective internal communication and alignment on power and renewable plans, forecasts, budgets etc;
- Provide market price models, forecasting and market trends analysis;
- Provide best solutions to the business on market changes and adaptation opportunities;
- Model and plan price optimization initiatives;
- Lead company presentations and interactions with financial institutions to secure project funding;
- Lead business development efforts for Group Company’s new potential ’sales channels’
- Ensure that all local power compliance reports are completed;
- 5-year minimum experience in the power sector;
- Understanding of power market structures, rules and ancillary services;
- Ability to breakdown and model grid tariffs and ancillary services;
- Proficient in financial modelling skills to define power procurement strategies;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work autonomously.
- Basic understanding of Bitcoin blockchain and mining economics;
- Power trading experiences In deregulated markets;
- Development and financing of power plants, including renewable assets;
- Network of power providers and asset owners in Europe/Canada.