Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services is looking for a PMO Trainee to assist the Project / Program Manager and project team in successful project delivery in the following areas:
- Management of client engagements, ensuring delivery of solutions for complex IT, business and client requirements.
- Satisfying client needs by constructing partnerships between the Project Office, clients, vendors, and subcontractor organizations, and managing the implementation of these partnerships to ensure positive customer satisfaction.
- Working with the Project Office and delivery organization as a primary point of contact with regard to assigned IBM team operations.
- Management of contractual cost, schedule, and service or product deliverables as they relate to the delivery organization, and coordination of IBM resources.
- Project Management methodologies, emerging technologies and technical solutions pertaining to client needs should be areas of expertise.
What we offer you is access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. At IBM, you’ll be a part of something significant, something worthwhile. Join us as we make the most of these exciting times and discover what you can make of this moment – you’ll be proud to call yourself an IBM:er.
The contract is part-time and fixed term. Weekly working hours are limited to 30 to enable you to finalize your studies. Contract duration is 6-12 months depending on your individual schedule. The employment start date will be flexibly agreed upon.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Finnish & English language, excellent writing and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge, capable of working independently
- Hybrid in technology & business and ability to help senior project managers in doing work effort estimates, calculating project finances and tracking project status
- Embrace challenges and have an interest in technology solutions of tomorrow.
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to overcome day-to-day issues in pursuit of the end goal
- Excellent team-working skills face-to-face and remotely
- Experience and/or interest towards migrating applications to Cloud architectures
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of or experience in Agile development principles
- Azure platform, Open Shift, Dev Ops tools experience
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.