Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving parad
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Customer Success
The Customer Success team in ConsenSys is focused on exactly that: making our customers successful. The team is designed to complement ConsenSys products by creating a holistic well-rounded experience for our customers and users.
We focus on 3 areas:
- Customer experience – Ensuring that our customers and users are engaged, and satisfied with ConsenSys products and services.
- Brand protection – Maintaining and elevating the ConsenSys brand and overall reputation through our customers and users, and their feedback.
- Continuous improvement – Learning and adapting to the customers’ needs and providing feedback to the products allows ConsenSys to maximize its market potential and be a better fit for a wider audience
What you’ll do
We are seeking a talented and experienced platform engineer with a focus on observability to join our team. As a platform engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our cloud-based platform that powers our applications and services. You will play a critical role in ensuring that our platform is reliable, scalable, and performant, and that we have the necessary tools and processes in place to monitor and debug issues in real-time.
- Design, implement, and maintain our cloud-based platform, ensuring high availability, scalability, and performance
- Develop and maintain monitoring, alerting, and logging systems to ensure timely detection and resolution of issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement best practices for observability, including instrumentation, tracing, and metrics
- Build and maintain dashboards and visualizations to provide real-time visibility into the health of our platform and services
- Continuously improve our observability practices by staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry trends
- Participate in on-call rotation to respond to incidents and ensure system uptime
- Document and communicate platform architecture, processes, and best practices to internal teams and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in platform engineering, with a focus on observability
- Strong experience with cloud infrastructure and technologies, particularly AWS
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, or Go
- Experience with observability tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Elasticsearch
- Experience with distributed tracing tools such as OpenTelemetry or Jaeger
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Crossplane technology for managing infrastructure as code
- Experience with Backstage for managing internal software development
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
It is a requirement of employment in this position that applicants will be required to submit to background checks including but not limited to employment, education and criminal record checks. Further details will be provided to applicants that successfully meet the criteria for the position as determined by the company in its sole discretion. By submitting an application for employment, you are acknowledging and consenting to this requirement.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD $120,000 – $251,000
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).