What’s the Job? This role will expose the person to working within a collaborative technical team of diverse skills and expertise, to design, develop, build and test a range of ground breaking devic
What’s the Job?
This role will expose the person to working within a collaborative technical team of diverse skills and expertise, to design, develop, build and test a range of ground breaking devices for beauty care based upon sound, fundamental scientific principles. The role is ideally suited to someone with background in Physics and has extensive experience with data science, machine learning, AI, statistical analysis and programming.
Work will include capturing, extracting, analysing and reporting product, user, and hair performance data using scientific methods and data analysis techniques to drive high performance products in R&D and NPD, and identify future opportunities into the DaaS and PaaS space within IoT.
What will I do?
- Early stage development of hair, user and product sensing technologies to help define the future of breakthrough product pipeline, including IoT or connected & smart devices
- Key areas of innovation focus will be in UI, sensors, movement and image tracking, diagnostics, AI, Blockchain and connected product
- Support the testing of new technology, utilising physics to define the future of electrical hair styling technologies
- Work with internal matrix resources and external consultants through early phases of developing and creating proof of principle prototypes of concepts to prove holistic feasibility
- Work with the science team to understand latest research in the beauty care field
- Provide consultancy support for products in life cycle where needed
What skills and qualities will I need?
- Honours degree and preferably PhD educated in Physics or a closely related engineering discipline with demonstrable experience in data science
- A broad understanding of a wide range of physics principles, and an ability to identify their applicability to a variety of technical challenges
- Prior experience / knowledge of some of the following: handling big data, predictive modelling, statistics, machine learning, AI, IoT, signal and image processing, database management, DoE and lab testing
- Strong Python or Matlab programming experience and related data science libraries (such as scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow/Keras)
- An analytical thinker with methodical and proactive approach to problem solving
- A hands-on, team worker with ability to collaborate with diverse team of technical expertise
The following would also be desirable:
- Previous experience working within consumer product development or general domestic appliances
- Experience working with cloud technologies e.g. AWS, Google Cloud
Understanding of “edge processing” data management strategies