Developing line managers, and coaching them to support the people they manage. Embedding personal development plans, scaling out progression frameworks, and…...
At accuRx, we’re on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple – to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK’s fastest-growing tech startups. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, over 95% of GP practices rely on us and over the past few months we have worked really hard on driving adoption within Hospitals, our product is now used in over 50% of trusts and this number is growing day by day. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient’s care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations in the space of 8 weeks. We then spent November and December building a vaccination booking system that has already saved frontline staff many hours and helped with vaccination uptake for vulnerable people in the UK. See our public roadmap for what’s up next .
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
Life as as People Ops Lead at accuRx
As People Ops Lead, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day people needs, and building the people function that we need to scale a world-class team. We’re looking for someone who can scale what’s already working, and pre-empt the new challenges that will arise as we grow, all in away that aligns with our culture and values. You’ll help us all grow, and nurture an environment where we can achieve our mission. You’ll be responsible for the following areas…
Personal development and support
- Developing line managers, and coaching them to support the people they manage
- Embedding personal development plans, scaling out progression frameworks, and building our internal training capability
- Providing individuals with one-to-one support and coaching where needed
- Leading the operational People team, including People Ops Associate and other upcoming roles
- Transparent and fair process for pay reviews
- Developing our performance review and feedback processes (and culture) as we scale
- Owning and developing onboarding and induction
- You’ll be the ‘ears on the ground’, identifying relevant issues and coming up with a plan to address them
- Scaling the key elements of our culture, and proactively identifying where we need to come up with a plan
- Keeping us a politics-free team
We’d really like to hear from you, if …
- You care about people enjoying the work they do, and valuing the people they work with
- You want to help us grow, as individuals and as a team
- You have 3+ years experience in people operations
- You’ve owned the people processes for an organisation of over 50 people
- You’ve established and iterated effective people processes (e.g. line manager development, company onboarding, compensation reviews, personal development plans)
- You’re mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You’re passionate about improving healthcare
- You’re excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You’re an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you’ll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary – £50,000 – £70,000 + Shares!
Here are just some of the reasons why accuRx is an awesome place to work:
- Work on building a better healthcare system, with a thoughtful, smart and driven team.
- Meaningful share options, so you have a share in our success.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Flexible start and end to your day. We trust you to be productive and own your work 🙂
- We provide breakfast and a constant supply of fruit, snacks and drinks in the office.
- We provide lunch every day. We’re pescatarian
- Monthly team dinners, we alternate between cooking in the office and heading out to local restaurants. Team favourites include making our own sushi, pizza and pasta!
- Time on the frontline – Everyone spends at least two days each quarter in a GP Practice, to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- Spill – we provide access to confidential sessions with a qualified therapist, to help support good mental health.
- Tyve – we give you the option to donate to a charity of your choice directly from your salary, pre-tax.
- Office yoga, team runs & HIIT classes.
- Annual week-long Summer Retreat, with partners and kids invited for the weekend.
- £500 annual wellness bonus – to support both physical and mental health. Use this for anything from gym memberships to meditation apps.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension scheme
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Not right for you? Take a look at other career opportunities available with us.
Why is a diverse and inclusive workplace so important to us?
Each health system is made up of a diverse workforce, serving 100% of the population. We are building for them, not us. We can only transform health systems if we build a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, opinions and personalities. We are an equal opportunities employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, people with disabilities and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team, our company handbook, values, benefits, approach to diversity and more.
Want to know the 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx? Check out our EVP.