Heroes is a technology-driven e-commerce company that acquires, operates, and scales small and medium-sized brands, with category-winning products on global marketplaces. We focus on consumer brands w
Heroes is a technology-driven e-commerce company that acquires, operates, and scales small and medium-sized brands, with category-winning products on global marketplaces. We focus on consumer brands with outstanding customer reviews and a proven track record of leading bestseller lists in high-growth niches.
Built by a team with a background in investment banking, venture capital and D2C eCommerce we have the right experience to build and grow outstanding brands on Amazon and beyond.
To date we have raised a total of $265 million from leading investors including Upper90, Fuel Ventures, 360 Capital. We’re growing rapidly month-on-month and expanding rapidly. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-growth start-up.
We are looking for a People Lead with experience working across multiple elements of the employee experience lifecycle. This role is based in Spain and will be working closely with our Spanish employees to ensure an excellent employee experience.
At Heroes we embody humility and put people first, as you can imagine a can-do attitude with a naturally helpful nature is not only essential; it’s fundamental to who we are!
Reporting to our People Lead in the UK, this role will work closely with the wider People team to deliver our People initiatives to the Spanish offices. They will also work across the business to support in various other People activities including: payroll (Spain, UK, US), maintaining our HR and Hiring platforms, ensuring information is always accurate and up to date.
- Setting up benefits in our Spanish offices – aligned to our Benefits strategy
- Leading Spanish payroll
- Onboarding new joiners based in Spain
- Assisting with keeping our Barcelona and Madrid offices in order including: ordering food and drinks supplies, ordering stationary, etc.
- Supporting the People team on various company-wide projects
- Collaborating with the global social committee to organise social events for our Spanish offices.
- Ad Hoc HR administrative tasks such as adding new joiners onto our HR platform, updating on boarding documentation
This is a great opportunity for an HR generalist to manage a country branch and deliver an excellent employee experience to our Spanish team! The role is broad and will evolve as the company grows, there is plenty of room for growth of scope in this role.
- Experience in a similar role in a start-up, rapidly scaling company will be a big plus
- HRIS & ATS Experience – You’ll be working daily on these systems and will be the first point of contact for queries in our Spanish offices
- Knowledge of Spanish employment law and payroll – other European countries and even the US would also be great too but not a requirement
- Experience onboarding new team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in English
- You are able to commute to our Barcelona and Madrid offices for on a regular basis
Location: Spain (with regular commute to our Madrid and / or Barcelona offices)
- Attractive share options plan, giving you direct ownership in Heroes and ability to see the direct impact of your contributions
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance with AXA (UK only)
- Pension scheme – contributions into an Aviva pension scheme every month
- Workplace Nursery Benefit – save substantial tax and NI on your nursery fees (UK only)
- Cycle to Work scheme – save more than 25% on a bike and accessories (UK only)
- 30% Amazon discount on all of Heroes’ brands
- Bitcoin payroll (choose to have a portion of your salary paid out to you in Bitcoin) (UK only)
- Parental leave
- Hybrid and remote working policies (all Heroes have the freedom to choose how often they come into the office, and we offer 180 days to work from anywhere in the world. (T&C’s apply)
- Daily coffee, tea, fresh fruit, and breakfast in our London, Madrid and Barcelona offices
- Regular team events, such as team lunches, dinners and parties
The recruitment process: first, you will have a 20 /30 minutes call with a member of our talent acquisition team. If the outcome is positive, you will speak to the hiring manager for a 45 / 60 minutes video interview. You will then be asked to work on a case study to present in a 60 minutes interview with the hiring manager and a member of the team, and will meet with a senior member of Heroes’ team for a final 30 minutes chat.
At Heroes, we recognise the benefit of inclusive practices to better build a diverse community, our commitment to ensuring inclusion fuels and connects us as one.
We celebrate our uniqueness and welcome all people who want to develop their careers and learn new skills, if this sounds like you then Heroes is the place!