Introduction Are you wondering what makes IBM BTO unique? Employee development matters to us. Do you want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you! Do you have ideas for improvement? We
Are you wondering what makes IBM BTO unique? Employee development matters to us. Do you want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you! Do you have ideas for improvement? We want to hear them! Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions. If the idea of an open and inclusive career excites you, read on! It’s time to define your career.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Payroll Specialist, depending on the specifics of the assigned countries, you will be responsible for executing end to end payroll processing and any additional payroll processes for smaller entities in big countries or supporting end to end payroll processing and any additional payroll processes for big entities or big countries as well as the corresponding customer service.
Your role will include close collaboration with the customer, payroll stakeholders and third party
providers. People successful in this role demonstrate the solid payroll knowledge, ability to perform the
tasks in compliance with existing procedures, strong customer focus, excellent communication
skills as well as proactiveness.
Your role may include but is not limited to:
- Delivering the highest quality of service in payroll operations by executing all activities in compliance with existing procedures, legal regulations and customer requirements
- Carrying out the validation of payroll transactions and collaborate with payroll stakeholders to resolve any issues
- Processing payroll payments in the bank system including any controls and initiate the treasury release
- Performing any statutory / compliance activities (registration of new employees, filing of tax returns, etc.) as required for the assigned countries / Monitor their execution by third party provider
- Performing the tasks supporting the accounting function: generate the journals, reply to queries, provide copies of documents
- Requesting DTP updates if required
- Actively taking part in any activities focused on continuous improvement of customer service
- Execute all activities in compliance with existing procedures
- Ensuring helpdesk scenarios are up to date
- Act as back-up for team members and/or additional functions as assigned by supervisor
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous experience in HR or finance operations (2-3 years on independent position, payroll preferred)
- Curiosity and need to understand both the details and the context
- Quick learner with a desire for continuous improvement
- Sense of ownership of assigned tasks
- Fluent command of English that enables clear and concise communication
- Excellent organization and management of own work
- Ability to coordinate the execution of payroll cycle
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to cope with different situations, different requirements, uncertainty and pressure of time
- Attitude to view problems as issues to be solved rather than obstacles
- Good knowledge and practice in using MS Office
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.