Introduction A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe. You'll work with visionaries across multiple industrie
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your role will include close collaboration with the customer, payroll stakeholders and third party
providers. People successful in this role demonstrate payroll knowledge, ability to perform the tasks in
compliance with existing procedures, high customer focus, excellent communication skills and
proactiveness. In this role, you’ll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These delivery centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
As Payroll Specialist, depending on the specifics of the assigned countries, you will be
- Executing end to end payroll processing and any additional payroll processes for smaller entities in big countries
- As well as the corresponding customer service
Scope of responsibilities:
- Deliver the highest quality of service in payroll operations by executing all activities in compliance with existing procedures, legal regulations and customer requirements
- Process any payroll data in accordance with legal, IBM and the customer requirements related to personal data protection
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of end to end payroll processing
- Partner with the customer’s stakeholders to resolve any issues related to payroll inputs
- Carry out the validation of payroll transactions and collaborate with payroll stakeholders to resolve any issues
- Process payroll payments in the bank system including any controls and initiate the treasury release
- Monitor the status of payroll payments and handle the rejections
- Perform any statutory / compliance activities (registration of new employees, filing of tax returns, etc.) as required for the assigned countries / Monitor their execution by third party provider
- Collaborate with BPO Country Lead to reply to any queries or requests from the local authorities
- Collaborate with BPO Country Lead and third party provider reply to any queries or requests from the local authorities
- Execute the process of electronic gPayslips handling
- Report the status of payroll activities in a timely and accurate manner and communicate any risks to payroll processing or deadlines in accordance with escalation paths
- Support year end processes or any other country specific processes not related to monthly payroll runs
- Initiate and actively support any continuous improvement activities or other process and/or tools improvements using the existing change management channels
- Request DTP updates if required
Payroll Customer Service:
- Deliver the highest quality of response to customers through our service desk by demonstration of your process knowledge, respect for the customer and accountability in the provision of answers by proper interaction and engagement, accuracy of provided information, timely resolution and overall management of queries from the customer’s employees, the customer or third parties
- Actively take part in any activities focused on continuous improvement of customer service
- Execute all activities in compliance with existing procedures
- Ensure helpdesk scenarios are up to date
- Keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation
- Act as back-up for team members and/or additional functions as assigned by supervisor
What we offer you:
- Extensive benefits package (Multisport, OK System, private medical healthcare, life insurance, cinema tickets)
- An induction training that will allow you to smoothly transition into your new role – you will receive training from your colleagues to help you land in your job and you’ll also act as a trainer for assigned trainer-delivered, workshadow or recurring courses
- Learning: the opportunity to learn and grow your expertise taking part in trainings and language courses – global communication: want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you!
- Flexibility: employee development matters to us, that’s why every vacancy is open for internal recruitment
- Diversity: different nationalities united in one team
- Teamwork: no one is left behind! You will back-up team members when the circumstances require extra support. We are a connected team that flows.
- Innovation: we keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation. Do you have any ideas for improvements? We want to hear them!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous experience in HR or finance operations (2-3 years on independent position) – payroll preferred (at least a year)
- Curiosity and need to understand both the details and the context
- Quick learner with a desire for continuous improvement
- Sense of ownership of assigned tasks
- Fluent command of English that enables clear and concise communication
- Good command of other local language that allows for fluent payroll related communication
- Excellent organization and management of own work
- Ability to coordinate the execution of payroll cycle
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to cope with different situations, different requirements, uncertainty and pressure of time
- Attitude to view problems as issues to be solved rather than obstacles
- Good knowledge and practice in using MS Office
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- German language would be an asset
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.