Payroll Officer – UK People Team
Part time (3 days per week, 5 days during week of payroll processing)
What we do?
As a pioneer for digital transformation GFT develops sustainable solutions across new technologies – from cloud engineering and artificial intelligence to blockchain & DLT. With its deep technological expertise, strong partnerships and comprehensive market know-how GFT offers advice to the financial and insurance sectors. We have been recognised for our engineering excellence and work side by side with our clients in an agile way to solve their most challenging problems.
Who are we?
GFT are a modern company with a passion for technology that thrives on collaboration with our clients and celebrates success with our team. We are an organisation that empowers you to not only explore but raise your potential and seek out opportunities that add value. At GFT, diversity, equality, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive working environment for all communities is one of the main pillars of our diversity strategy, based on our core values and culture. We have been certified for 2022/23 as a ‘Great place to work’ in the UK. So, if you want to have the opportunity to work with an outstanding and progressive organisation this position could be right for you.
Our people vision is to create an innovative, inclusive and engaging culture where employees thrive, can be themselves, feel a sense of purpose and raise their potential
To be a knowledgeable Payroll Advisor to the business, providing evidence-based best in class services and solutions to build a high-performance culture which supports GFT vision and values.
- Process the monthly payroll from start to finish including processing joiners, leavers, benefits, statutory payments, overtime and on call payments etc.
- Process holiday, sick pay, maternity, and paternity payments
- Key point of contact with external payroll provider ensuring tax credits, student loans, expense payments, other ad-hoc payments etc. are processed
- Responsible for ensuring BACS payments are accurate and timely
- Ensuring recovery of salary advances/loans as required
- Processing quarterly/annual changes to salary, bonus, benefits
- Undertaking pre commit payroll checks and ensuring reconciliation with prior month before submitting the payroll reports to payroll provider
- Fully responsible for all pension related activity including processing and being key point of contact with pension provider.
- Process out of cycle pay run, ensuring correct payments are made to HMRC etc.
- P11D processing in compliance with HMRC guidelines
- Processing of Directors Emoluments
- Liaise directly with payroll provider raising service requests/resolving any issues
- Liaise with HMRC and internal Finance team as required
- Ensuring provision of accurate and timely information to auditors as required
- Keep accurate and timely payroll records
- Act as a first point of contact for payroll related questions from both internal and external customers.
- Proactively identifying processing issues and suggesting areas for improvement.
Professional Qualifications/ IT skills:
- Proficient with using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of working with 3rd party payroll suppliers
- People management skills and the ability to work in a small but highly ambitious team.
- Confident and able to interact well/adjust style to work effectively with different stakeholders
- Accurate documenting skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable in managing processes.
- Accounting and finance skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Problem analysis and ability to problem-solve.
- Has a can-do attitude and is open to new experiences
- Committed to going the extra mile to provide an efficient and value add service
- Experience in taking the lead for implementing/supporting new initiatives
- Contributing to continuous improvement of current practices and processes and seeking ways to add value
- Has high integrity and a strong work ethic
What can we offer you?
At GFT we offer a flexible hybrid working environment. The majority of our roles are determined by client and internal stakeholder requirements, but the expectation is that you will be required to be in the GFT office 1 or 2 days a week (this may vary depending on stakeholder requirements and could go up or down). This will enable you to build a rapport with the wider GFT team and to ensure you feel connected with your peers/colleagues.
Every individual at GFT co-creates a mapped career path with growth opportunities, the ability to diversify, access to amazing Learning and Development programmes in an environment of collaboration, flexibility and support. We believe that investing in employee development promotes innovation and job satisfaction. The strategic relationships we have with industry leaders gives you unprecedented access to emerging technology and the opportunity to be part of the conversation of the future of digital.
GFT is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are inclusive. Selection for employment at GFT will be on the basis of performance and ability. Where possible, GFT will capture applicants’ diversity demographics as part of its recruitment processes to promote it’s DEI agenda.
Founded in 1987 and located in 15 countries to ensure close proximity to its clients, GFT employs over 10,000 people globally. We provide our people with career opportunities in all areas of software engineering and innovation.