Company Description It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dyn
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 45 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in the US, Canada, Europe and Australia. This role can be in-office, remote or blended from anywhere in Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands or the United Kingdom. Interested in learning more?
The Cash App Operations Team is responsible for building and managing a scalable operating environment for a fast growing mobile payment app with multiple, external partners and internal, cross-functional stakeholders. You will be responsible for the launch and optimisation of Cash App in Europe, managing key external partners, driving operational projects, investigating operational issues, participating in cross functional initiatives and supporting product development through partner alignment with a focus on the European market.
- Lead end-end cross-functional initiatives with product, engineering, legal, compliance, finance, support operations and external partners
- Identify, assess and onboard external partners to grow and enhance Cash App’s European product
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to set product launch schedules, improve points of failures, resolve incidents, document processes, drive accountability and performance
- Extract insights and recommend product improvements from user feedback, data analysis
- Manage information requests and regulatory filing obligations with legal and compliance teams
- Have 8+ years of experience in an operations role, preferably in payments, ecommerce, gaming, acquiring, issuing or banking
- Have an excellent understanding of the payments landscape in the UK and EU
- Be comfortable using data to extract business insights and drive optimisation
- Have experience working with cross functional, multi-location teams
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.