As a Manager you will be a key member of our Management team with responsibility for the delivery of one or more of key bank deliveries in addition to the line…...
Here at Santander Technology we push the boundaries and create innovative, customer centric tech solutions for Santander. We collaborate to provide these world-class technical solutions and are adopting Agile across our business as we digitally transform our platforms and services to create the bank of the future.
Our teams adopt change and continually look for new and better ways to deliver. We collaborate to solve problems and find solutions in what can be a complex and challenging environment. Our passion for excellence and our tech is what makes Santander Technology so successful. We champion diversity, form teams and support learning resulting in a people orientated and diverse environment for all.
We have around 2,500 colleagues working across the UK with a further 10,000 colleagues across the globe and our presence is everywhere that Santander operates. You too could be part of our tech team serving 133 million Santander customers globally.
This is a very exciting time for the Payments Centre of Excellence as we transform how we operate within the Bank. The Centre of Excellence is responsible for deliveries in the world of Santander payments, covering all payments methods both domestic and international. We service all of our internal and external customer’s Payments needs in a secure, reliable and innovative manner.
Innovation and successful systems delivery are the key to our success as we take our business to new heights. Our exceptional people are constantly challenging traditional ways of thinking and looking for new ways to help our customers. We are driving radical transformation across our systems, and use a wide variety of tools and technologies, everything from Mainframe to Blockchain.
We are a motivated team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work and possess the enthusiasm to make things happen. So if you share our passion for technology and are up for the challenge, come join us and deliver! We are looking for awesome forward thinkers to join our team.
As a Manager you will be a key member of our Management team with responsibility for the delivery of one or more of key bank deliveries in addition to the line management of other colleagues within Payments Services. You will have responsibility the end to end delivery and will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment and post-release support in an agile or waterfall development methodology. You will support International and other Payments schemes as required. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. We’re looking for self-starters who can work independently and across teams. We want you to develop your knowledge and skills, whilst also mentoring and educating others on the capabilities and constraints of what you know. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team composed of diverse people coming from different areas within the bank with the aim to deliver a first in class service to our end customers.
What we’re looking for
- Management of one or more project deliveries with a defined scope and accountability, delivering quality solutions on time and to budget:
- Scope and Resourcing of projects
- Ensuring solutions are fit for purpose and adhere to Global standards & principles, ensuring innovative and strategic solutions
- Actively manage risks and issues pertinent to the project
- Reporting to senior management at several levels
- Management of stakeholders and liaising with all impacting areas ensuring a joined up and collaborative approach to delivering agreed and signed off requirements
- Liaison and management of all teams involved in the delivery (local and global business units)
- Adhere to the Banks and San Tech audit and Governance processes
- You should have sound functional knowledge of the UK Payments schemes and Payment bodies, with particular focus on International Payments.
- Have a passion for delivering value and excellence using the right technology for the job
- Considers customer impact
- Willingness and ability to act as mentor for more junior members of the team
- Candidates must have an excellent level of written and spoken English
What we offer?
Opportunities to embrace Agile with us as we transform our business, work in an environment with leading edge technology, attend ‘Meet Ups’ and be part of internal and external technology communities and work for an organisation that’s dedicated to your learning and ongoing development.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Minimum of 26 days holiday per year in addition to public bank holidays and you can buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year with our ‘Flexi Holidays’ scheme.
- You’ll get 5 paid ‘Selfie Days’ per year (4 days for your personal development and 1 day to support the community)
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family and Dental insurance
- Access to onsite gyms and discounted gym memberships
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Reference: B07097