Paralegal – Digital Business
Our international and award-winning Digital Business practice delivers expert advice and solutions on technology, telecoms, outsourcing, fintech and data. Our expertise covers: technolog
Our international and award-winning Digital Business practice delivers expert advice and solutions on technology, telecoms, outsourcing, fintech and data.
Our expertise covers:
- technology procurement, including cloud transactions, licensing, support and maintenance, migration, testing and disaster recovery;
- fintech, including blockchain and cryptocurrencies;
- transactional and regulatory telecommunications with particular expertise in network-related transactions such as procurements of goods and services relating to active infrastructure, passive infrastructure sale and leaseback deals, and network operations centres;
- outsourcing transactions including IT, business process outsourcing (including middle and back office), contact centers, networks, finance and accounting, HR, payroll logistics, and facilities management;
- data related projects ranging from compliance/privacy advice through to legally compliant ways to commercialise data;
- advising on projects that leverage new/emerging technologies such as AI and the Internet of Things;
- commercial transactions, including joint venture, collaboration, strategic partnership, consortium, and distribution; and
- multi-jurisdictional advice, surveys and contract alignment projects.
We are specialists in a small handful of sectors – financial institutions, asset management and investment funds, TMT and life sciences – where we have deep knowledge and broad experience in these sectors.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing administrative and broader support to fee-earners including drafting support, compilation of advice, reviewing and proof-reading legal documents
- Developing knowledge of data protection law and drafting compliance healthcheck reports
- Coordinating multi-jurisdictional surveys, in particular seeking advice from counsel around the world, managing and reviewing responses and chasing counsel
- Undertaking due diligence, in particular document reviews
- Managing documents/files in document review/management databases
- Researching points of law and other factual issues and preparing reports on the same
- Carrying out project management on large and/or complex matters
- Assistance to the team on marketing activities and management of profile raising
Education / qualifications / experience:
- Law graduate ideally with a first or upper second class degree or equivalent
- Ideally have commercial contract/ICT/data protection experience
- It is expected that the candidate will have a highly organised and methodical approach to the role as well as confidence with IT systems.
- Attention to detail and the confidence to work independently as well as in a team
- Highly motivated and commercially astute
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Self-motivated, hardworking, reliable and works well under pressure