Paralegal – Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates
We have an exciting opportunity for a paralegal to join our market leading Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates team based in our Head Office in Cardiff. The team, one of the largest in the
We have an exciting opportunity for a paralegal to join our market leading Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates team based in our Head Office in Cardiff.
The team, one of the largest in the UK, acts on behalf of individuals, including high Net Worth Individuals, professional executors, trust corporations, charities and banks across the firm’s offices in Cardiff, London and Southampton.
You role will primarily involve acting as a main point of contact for all new enquires to the team including taking initial details, arranging appointments for clients with lawyers, triaging clients appropriately and client onboarding (i.e. sending out terms of engagement, opening new matters and ensuring funds have been received).
The right candidate will therefore have a professional telephone manner and exceptional client care skills. Previous knowledge of the team’s new enquiries procedures and the nature of their work would be advantageous but not necessary.
In addition, the role will also include assisting the other lawyers in the Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates team with both client and non-client related tasks, including:
- Actively assisting with client files (both litigated and non-litigated)
- Reviewing documentation such as medical records and historical files
- Preparing documents such as caveats and citations
- Assisting with the preparation of witness statements
- Assisting with the preparation of trial bundles
- Working with the lawyers to develop and maintain good client relationships
- Helping with streamlining team processes and procedures
- Contributing to and playing an active role in the team’s marketing and business development initiatives
As such, the role will also include a fee target and so prior experience of fee earning and the use of time recording software would be helpful.
The Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates team works on the full range of private wealth disputes including Inheritance Act claims, contentious probate and will disputes, equitable claims, onshore and offshore trust disputes, Court of Protection disputes and cryptocurrency and digital asset litigation.
The ideal candidate will have experience of dealing with contested and non-contested wills, trusts and estates matters and have exceptional client care skills.
We are looking for a highly ambitious, motivated and target driven individual who is comfortable working within a team.