If you haven't heard of Wirex, then you'll now know why we're recruiting - we're a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we're connecting crypto, curr
If you haven’t heard of Wirex, then you’ll now know why we’re recruiting – we’re a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world – all wrapped in an app and armed with a VISA card that can be used to pay for the tube, swap currencies (digital and fiat), or buy ‘that’ new thing you saw last time you visited the local shopping mall.
Our consumers are many, and everywhere – but we’re looking to build and scale our brand. With 3 product offerings (APAC, NA and Europe) we’re a 24-7 diverse collection of people, from hardcore crypto geeks to people that are just passionate about being in fintech and working on a new way of making payments faster and simpler.
We’re Wirex and we’re not like anyone else. Why? Because we always do things our way, before anyone else does them – like creating the first ever debit card that lets you pay with crypto, making it easier for ordinary people to access DeFi-powered savings and setting up the world’s first cryptocurrency rewards scheme.
Our vision is a world in which everyone can enjoy the benefits of digital currency – everything from the power to send money around the world near-instantly without breaking the bank to buying, storing and exchanging 40+ top tokens on a secure, easy-to-use platform at some of the best rates in the industry.
We must be doing something right, because more than 5 million people across 130 countries are helping to change the world by using Wirex.
Are you part of the digital money movement? Do you want to change the way people think about money, forever? If your skills fit our vision and you want to join a company that’s really going places.
Overall Role Purpose
We are looking to recruit a paralegal with 2+ years of experience, into our London office to work closely with the group’s Legal Counsel on day-to-day legal and strategic administration matters. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to learn the inner workings of one of the fastest-growing crypto-focused FinTech businesses in the world and to make a recognisable contribution to Wirex’s business and develop their own career. The Legal Counsel is open to supporting the right candidate through a training programme to become a solicitor.
- Creation and amendment of agreements, legal documents, and other types of general documentation
- Identifying and putting into practice procedures to increase team effectiveness.
- Confidently liaising with other internal stakeholders
- Provide administrative assistance with responsibilities including overseeing signings, maintaining documents, and other contract administration duties as required
- Conducting legal and industry research
- Drafting, reviewing and working towards negotiation with third parties with respect to various Wirex and/or third party contractual documentation
- Assisting and advising on employment related matters
- Attending and taking minutes for various Wirex Group Board committees
- Assisting in amending the Wirex web terms and conditions
- Supporting the wider Legal team with internal administration
- Supporting the Legal Counsel with various contractual and corporate matters
- Assisting and drafting business-wide legal communications
The position would likely suit someone with previous experience in, or who has studied and is looking to pursue a career in commercial law and particularly those with an interest in financial technology and/or cryptocurrency. Experience working with legal systems globally, primarily in the payments space, is a plus.
- IT skills – experience with Microsoft Word is essential. Experience with Microsoft Excel would also be beneficial
- Familiarity with basic corporate administration matters – e.g. Board minutes, resolutions, share documents, Companies House filings
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen and able to provide commercial solutions to the business.
- Ability to work efficiently to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Takes initiative and ownership of matters
- Sets high personal standards and work in accordance with the Legal’s team’s SLA.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role
Wirex Behaviours Required
- Ability to promote collaboration and sharing
- Contributes to creating a positive environment
- Passionate about their area of expertise
- Takes initiative, and creates a drives innovations for our customers
- Establishes high personal goals
- Works towards collective success
- Inspires and supports others to succeed
- 25 days holiday & Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- 1 day paid charity day
- Flexible working hours
- Remote / Central London Location (Liverpool Street)
- Annual training allowance
- Annual performance bonus pay
- Extensive opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech
- Companywide and team social events
Diversity and Inclusion
We invite applications from anyone who shares our vision and demonstrates our company values. If you have what it takes to perform the role and have the capabilities required that we have listed in the job description, then we want to hear from you.
We embrace unique and are immensely proud of our diverse team and inclusive culture, if you want to be a part of our exciting journey, don’t hesitate to apply.
Job Type: Full-time