Company Description Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sel
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a seasoned performance marketer to play a critical role in bringing our mission of economic empowerment to Europe. From strategy development through to execution and optimisation, your impact will be felt across demand generation efforts. Reporting to the Senior Manager of EU Marketing, you will take a strategic approach to performance marketing. Fluency required in English and Spanish. This role will be based out of our Dublin office, with remote working offered within the Republic of Ireland.
- Lead performance marketing strategy including goal setting, channel allocation, creative strategy and measurement/optimisation
- Work with external agencies and internal partners who drive the activation/execution of individual performance channels (SEM, paid social, display/programmatic, etc.)
- Write creative briefs to define program objectives and KPIs, optimising campaigns to maximise ROI
- Liaise with performance marketing experts in other regions to knowledge share and adopt best practice from other markets
- Act as a business partner to internal teams such as product marketing, creative, finance and strategy
- Build out tests to prove out hypotheses and recommend performance optimisations
- Take principled risks to “find new winners” through channels, tactics and more
- Communicate weekly performance and spend updates…focused on insight vs data
- Contribute to strategic documents that help align multiple teams at Square
- Provide impeccable financial stewardship to ensure budgets are grounded in sound data and strategy and forecast spend and performance with precision and efficiency
- 3-4 years+ experience in performance marketing roles
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Expertise across performance marketing channels, from SEM to paid social to data-driven display advertising (experience with affiliate programs and direct mail is a plus!)
- Track record in testing methodologies and related advantages and limitations
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage partnership, promote enthusiasm, and foster strategic thinking
- Experience working across multiple European markets
- Experience with small business audiences is helpful
- Experience with “above the line”/offline media channels including television and experiential
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.