Oracle Lead Developer / Oracle Technical Consultant Date: Mar 6, 2023 Location: Kraków, PL, 30-302 Łódź, PL, 90-118
Oracle Lead Developer / Oracle Technical Consultant
Why join GFT?
You will work with and learn from top IT experts. You will join a crew of experienced engineers: 60% of our employees are senior level.
Interested in the cloud? You will enjoy our full support in developing your skills: training programs, certifications and our internal community of experts. We have strong partnerships with top cloud providers: Google, Amazon and Microsoft – we are number one in Poland in numbers of GCP certificates. Apart from GCP, you can also develop in AWS or Azure.
We are focused on development and knowledge sharing. Internal expert communities provide a comfortable environment where you can develop your skillset in areas such as blockchain, Big Data, cloud computing or artificial intelligence.
You will work in a stable company (32 years on the market) in demanding and challenging projects for the biggest financial institutions in the world.
What will you do?
You will join a project involving further development, modelling and optimization of an existing system for a large British investment bank. Oracle Developer in this project will mainly deal with:
- Modelling of existing data structures in a new model
- Writing validation rules used by ETL (SQL + Pl / SQL)
The scope of duties cover:
- Planning – define, own and manage, project related and day to activity of the Performance and Optimisation Service and components
- Being proactive in ensuring that the Production systems are optimal by building tools and automated scripts for optimal performance and stability
- Responsibility for the “Build Phase” of the all optimisation improvements
- Overseeing the Performance Test strategy and Approach – and gaining acceptance from the wider project team
- Readiness for business trips (approximately about 1 week/quarter)
- At least 5 years of commercial experience on a similar role
- Very good knowledge of Oracle databases including: – design of relational databases – PL/SQL programming (clean code, good practices/patterns) – performance optimization of queries that operate on large volumes of data (bottlenecks detection)
- Practical experience in data analysis, modelling and creating reports
- Practical experience related to version control systems (e.g. GIT/SVN)
- Understanding concept of data warehouses
- Basic DBA skills
- Mapping GraphQL queries to SQL queries (nice to have)
- Very good command of English (frequent communication with English-speaking customers)
We offer you:
- Working in a highly experienced and dedicated team
- Competitive salary and extra benefit package that can be tailored to your personal needs (private medical coverage, sport & recreation package, lunch subsidy, life insurance, etc.)
- Permanent or B2B contract
- Opportunity to work remotely or in a hybrid working model
- On-line training and certifications fit for career path
- Free on-line foreign languages lessons
- Regular social events
- Access to e-learning and well-being platform
- Ergonomic and functional working space with 2 monitors (in a hybrid mode)