Company Description -Mining may be a centuries-old activity, but at Anglo American we are pushing the boundaries to make positive change towards truly modern, safe and productive mines. Guided by o
-Mining may be a centuries-old activity, but at Anglo American we are pushing the boundaries to make positive change towards truly modern, safe and productive mines.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
How do we do this? By questioning the way things have always been done and actively developing solutions to find new ways of working. Our innovation-led approach to sustainable mining – FutureSmart Mining TM – applies novel thinking and technological advances to address mining’s major challenges. Digital technology, such as spatial data visualisation, geographic information systems, artificial intelligence and automated drones, is transforming the way we work, helping us to lead an industry shift towards greater safety, efficiency and enhanced sustainability.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
-This role is responsible for operations management with a broad scope covering facilities, governance, risk management, systems, HR, and projects. It forms a crucial part of the Tracr team within the DeBeers Digital Transformation Function. Whilst the role will have a large Tracr focus, it will also be involved in broader DeBeers Digital Transformation (“SG4”) activities. Tracr™ is an integrated digital industry platform which supports De Beers’ aim to pioneer a new diamond world. Tracr utilises cutting edge machine learning and blockchain technologies to provide end to end traceability of diamonds across the value chain, illuminating the origin and journey of each diamond from mine to retailer.
Key responsibilities include:
The below tasks apply at both Tracr and SG4 level.
- Office/facilities management
- Office supplier management
- Interacting with related DB Group & AA functions
Governance, Legal & Risk Management:
- Management of KYC/AML (if/as/when required in commercial model)
- Driving operational risk identification and management
- Management of operational processes & workflows (design/build/manage/own)
- Audit trail, logs & effective records management
- Operational data protection
- Resourcing contracts (review for signature)
- Supplier terms & contracts (negotiate/agree, liaise internally, review for signature)
- Onboarding/offboarding new starters and leavers, recruitment administration, HR administration, maintenance of HR System (confluence) team site, etc.
- Linkage with Group HR processes (coordinate, translate, comply, communicate)
- Mapping Group processes to Tracr ways of working (ensuring compliance whilst in a Tracr unique non-Group standard framework & maintaining efficiency)
- Internally managed Tracr People processes
- Staff comms re. HR/employee matters
- Point of contact for Tracr team for HR/employee matters
- Recruitment support
Projects, Systems & Processes:
- Application/software management, license management, IT security with ASRB checks, access control and management, tools management and administration, asset management, etc.
- Registers & document repositories (build & maintain)
- Drive and support ad hoc projects for continuous improvement, business metrics and KPIs, other operational reports, stakeholder management, etc.
- Project ownership, management & support
- Be a great team player and act as business partner to the wider Tracr team. Collaborate cross functionally with team members on projects as required
-An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in operations, business administration or other applicable discipline
5+ years’ overall professional experience and 3+ years’ proven experience in operations management
-Who we are: The Beers Group
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future. Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers, and the world around us.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health, and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential