Introduction As an OpenShift Architect, you will lead, develop, and own the end-to-end technical solution of the overall cloud development, migration & modernization efforts. You will define the solu
As an OpenShift Architect, you will lead, develop, and own the end-to-end technical solution of the overall cloud development, migration & modernization efforts. You will define the solution approach modernizing existing architecture (cloud or non-cloud) to hybrid cloud architecture leveraging RedHat OpenShift.
You directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of Cloud platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Advise on Cloud Container Re-platform and Refactor Modernization Architectures
- Lead technical definition in containerization of applications leveraging OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Known as the Cloud Technical Leader in your organization, with proven track record driving pattern identification and estimation of the application workloads, migrated & Modernized to the target Cloud environment.
- SME in asset analysis, code restructuring and refactoring, code conversion and business logic extraction into executable business rules applicable for OpenShift.
- Engages the client (at the technical and C-Suite level) and IBM team to co-create and design, modernization strategy and identifying the need for containerization, API, Microservices creation, or other forms of Modernization.
- Acts as a Trusted advisor for the client by listening to their pain points and considering the industry the client sits in.
- Main technical interface with client executive(s) to clarify technical program status in a clear and concise manner.
- Simplifies the solution approach by adopting a continuous modernization method.
- Promotes innovation across the solution and delivery phases by leading the Design thinking workshops and leveraging Agile methodologies.
- Co-leads with the Program Manager by providing significant contribution on Technical elements of WBS/Sprint planning, estimation, Modernization risk, dependencies and Minimum viable product (MVP).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of industry experience as a technical architect, with Enterprise architecture experience
- Extensive cloud working experience/background (AWS, GCP, AZURE, or IBM)
- SME on at least 3 modernization assessment and execution tools
- Effectively integrated new and existing systems that eliminated potential problems and maintained data structure and integrity.
- Deep Experience in OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, EKS/AKS /GKE
- Extensive experience simplifying the solution approach by adopting a continuous modernization method.
- Lead Design Thinking Workshops and leveraging Agile methodologies
- Experience in creating technical elements of project plan WBS/Sprint planning, estimation, Modernization risk, dependencies and (MVP)
- Experience mapping client platform and application deployment requirements into Cloud platform specific services and configuration
- Lead teams within delivery multi-vendor environments in multiple countries
- Two or more Cloud Certifications (AWS, Azure, Google or IBM)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience presenting at external conferences and developing internal/external ICAP and publications
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Possess confident analytical, creative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented, providing suggestions and solutions in areas of software development, use and maintenance.
- Worked alongside Executive and VP level clients.
- Extensive experience supporting sales and presenting in client orals.
- Red Hat OpenShift Certifications
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.