Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets, invent, collaborate and not just to do
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets, invent, collaborate and not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Meet with customers to discuss their Open Source strategy and define a scope of activities that the IBM team can deliver that addresses the customers challenges, acting as the IBM transformation focal point.
- Development of high-performing solutions that deliver business value to the client, utilizing design methodologies, repeatable approaches, and best practices.
- Maintain deep technical skills and engineering capabilities for key Open Source products including Red Hat OpenShift, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, Apache Hadoop, MongoDB and SUSE Rancher, plus many other popular packages.
- Research and stay current with changes in the Open Source ecosystem, evangelize IBM Open Source capabilities, present to both internal and external audiences.
- Assist with RFP / RFI’s when assistance from the IBM sales team requested.
- Create knowledge via articles, blogs and remote training.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for a professional with:
- At least 3 years of previous experience as a client-facing technical software consultant designing technical software solutions against client requirements.
- Ability to lead workshops, presentations and other events for clients, articulating complex technical solutions.
- Technical working knowledge of core Open Source products (at least one or two of the following: OpenShift, OpenStack, Ansible, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ELK, Prometheus, Redis, Apache Hadoop).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German is a prerequisite.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills to develop software solutions using cloud native technologies utilizing languages such as Python, Java or Golang via DevOps best practice
- Previous experience in migrating to Open Source solutions
- An understanding of architecture frameworks such as Open Group TOGAF or Zachman and approaches such as Design Thinking
- Existing contributions to an Open Source community or a desire to do so
- Building cloud native solutions
- Leadership or mentoring experience
About Business Unit
The IBM Technology Support Services (TSS) Open Source support mission is in the third wave of “start-up mode”. Join us in what promises to be an exciting and incredibly rewarding journey in helping customers transform their businesses using community Open Source Software.
IBM’s Global Open Source team is looking for software architects experienced leading clients through digital transformations.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM ist es wichtig, Ihnen ein Arbeitsumfeld zu bieten, in dem Sie Ihr ganzes Potenzial voll entfalten können und die Möglichkeit haben, Ihren Arbeitstag flexibel zu gestalten. Wenn Sie Interesse daran haben, sprechen Sie uns bitte an, um herauszufinden, welche Gestaltungsmöglichkeiten im aktuellen Arbeitsumfeld bestehen.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.