What are we looking for? BlockTech is a high paced, algorithmic market maker, that facilitates global decentralized trading in cryptocurrency derivatives. Through state-of-the-art option pricing mo
What are we looking for?
BlockTech is a high paced, algorithmic market maker, that facilitates global decentralized trading in cryptocurrency derivatives. Through state-of-the-art option pricing models, we have become the largest global cryptocurrency option market maker.At BlockTech we build the development and production environment ourselves. We currently do not use any external SaaS or Cloud providers, instead we use Free and Open Source software to manage everything. This way we are are in control and able to switch tactics fast. Of course, this means we have quite some systems to setup and maintain. We are however looking into what cloud technologies we could leverage in our advantage.As a System Engineer at BlockTech you are responsible for all networks, devices and middleware. Everything is built on top of Linux, from the workstations to the production systems using a mix of container and virtualization technologies. The team consists of two members whom together have set up a stable environment. As the company is growing, there is room for improvement. As a third member of the team you can make an impact by improving the current infrastructure and building new solutions.
What will you do?
- Build a fast and high available production setup with low latencies to the exchange;
- Work closely with our traders, engineers and quantitative developers to identify and solve issues that arise;
- Design and create new technical solutions; improving the development environment, increasing the usability of our current tools but also introducing new tools;
- Office automation: help manage office desktop and laptops via ansible;
- Replace laptops, desktops and phones;
- Set up and improve the office network;
- Maintain office automation tools: file share, calendar, email.
What do we require from you?
- Above all you should have a passion for open source and GNU/Linux based software solutions.
- Be inventive. Bring new ideas.
- MBO/HBO thinking level. Degree is not strictly necessary.
- Experience with Debian based distributions is a plus.
- Have an interest in Cybersecurity. This includes system and network security but also data privacy and identity anonymity.
- Professional English is necessary
- Positive can-do attitude and a creative mind
What’s in it for you?
- Chance of a permanent, full time position in a relaxed and trendy office located in the creative Amsterdam NDSM area
- Be part of a highly-collaborative and experienced team in the innovative and fast growing cryptocurrency industry
- A competitive base -and a company and individual performance based variable salary
- Use state-of-the-art technology and operate the cryptocurrency trading application
- Enjoy a delicious catered lunch at the office, Friday drinks, company events, gym reimbursement and much more!