Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between asset classes, saving time and money....
One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide.
A digital money platform serving over 6 million customers in more than 150 countries. Uphold now manages more than $1.5 billion in customer assets. The Silicon Valley firm currently opens around 10,000 accounts a day as consumers seek a more versatile and cost-effective home for their financial lives. Leveraging blockchain technology, the platform provides both consumers and businesses with easy access to 46 digital assets, 27 national currencies, four precious metals and 50 fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience – ‘Anything-to-Anything’ – allows customers to trade directly between asset classes, saving time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than a minute and trade with no minimum investment amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you. Apply here!
Uphold is looking for an Office Manager to join our Human Resources team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to provide administrative support to ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our offices.
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude, polite, professional and a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Oversee general office operation.
- Monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as required.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
- Handle routine correspondence and redistribute as necessary.
- Perform work related errands as required, such as going to the post office.
- Ability to anticipate needs and complete important tasks without needing to be asked, take initiative to support the business.
- Order office supplies and keep proper stock levels, research new deals and suppliers.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance, coordinating repairs, maintaining inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Compile basic accounting tasks for the company (receive and organize invoices and expense reports).
- Interface with external accountants for timely coordination and control of the accounting activities.
- Greet, assist and provide general support to visitors.
- Provide real-time scheduling support to the team and visitors, by making travel arrangements: flights booking, accommodation and transportation reservations.
- Ensure the office physical security by following the procedures and working closely with the Security team to improve them.
- Support the HR team with various administrative tasks.
- Manage bulletin boards and ensure all present information is updated.
- Arrange and organize meetings and events: book facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material and proactively handle any arising issues on the event day.
- Properly monitor the operation for which you are responsible by ensuring that office, human resources and financial procedures are followed.
- Encourage the maintenance of the company’s culture and values.
- College degree preferred.
- Proven experience as Office Manager.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be empathic, listen, support and care for others.
- Highly organized – set clearly defined objectives, plan activities and projects well in advance and take account of possible changing circumstances.
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks in order of importance.
- Manage time effectively, monitor performance against deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and aptitude in problem-solving with creative thinking.
- Be proactive in making small decisions and taking initiative to create a positive experience for others.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, keeping the resilience.
- Consult others and share information and expertise with them.
- Respect the views and contributions of other team members.
- Tech-savvy – comfortable using and exploring new technology.
- Always demonstrate ethics, inspire confidence and be able to handle sensitive business information.
- Positive outlook on life with a good sense of humor and an overall happy disposition.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture – we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better – together.