Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and to empower developers to create better services through decentralise
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and to empower developers to create better services through decentralised tech. Parity’s technologies include Substrate, a flexible framework for building blockchains, and Polkadot, a protocol for connecting and securing blockchains.
Parity is expanding to Portugal and opening a permanent office in Lisbon shortly. As an Office Manager, you will manage the different floors to a high standard and also be the first point of contact for any internal local team members and external suppliers requests.
The ideal candidate should be a dedicated and well-organised, energetic professional who is ready to take on a new challenge. This role is a critical part of the team who will be building up our new office.
You will be part of the Operations team and your duties will include but are not limited to:
- General management and maintenance of our office floor(s), including arranging any necessary repairs
- Manage incoming co-working or events requests, and assist in the proper space set up
- Overall front office activities including general support to visitors and team members, handling in- and outbound mail, purchasing/invoicing and facilities management, including cleaning and security services
- Manage contracts, as well as price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Liaise with People Operations to create an office atmosphere that fits our company culture and support the onboarding process for local new hires
- Act as the go-to person for in-house or off-site events
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience or worked in similar field
- Excellent time management (ability to multitask and prioritise work) and creative problem solving skills to suggest improvements
- Very strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, hands-on and resilient self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with Portuguese and English language skills on near-native level
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures, including accounting and Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Experience with project management tools like Trello, Asana or Notion
Interest in or even experience with blockchain or open-source software
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice: https://www.parity.io/applicant-notice/
Please note: We do not offer relocation assistance for this position!