OCI Platform Engineer
Introduction In this role, you'll work in one of our IBM Consulting Client Innovation Centers (Delivery Centers), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public
In this role, you’ll work in one of our IBM Consulting Client Innovation Centers (Delivery Centers), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. Our delivery centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Analyse client intergration requirements
- Create and gain agreement to integration and data strategies
- Lead interface and data mapping
- Design, test and build inbound and outbound integrations from/to ERP Cloud suite
- Apply best practice to ensure high quality low error data conversions
- Provide subject matter expertise in Oracle platforms for SaaS, IaaS and PaaS
- Work on L2 and L3 incidents and report progress
- Update systems with progress on incidents
- Work with third parties to resolve incidents
- Update config management and knowledge management database
- Support path to live release management and deployment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understand end-to-end Infrastructure Architecture on large Oracle Cloud implementations
- Experience covers Oracle’s OCI products set, Oracle PaaS and aspects of SaaS solutions
- Experience in Cloud integrations using OIC, VBCS, Rest APIs/Web Services
- Knowledge of Cloud applications HCM/ERP/OAC/CX/EPM
- Knowledge and experience/understanding of Environment Management of Oracle Cloud
- Manage database solutions, including performance tuning, high availability, disaster recover and monitoring services
- Understanding of usage, licencing and security
- Understanding and Experience in using Oracle Management Cloud.
- Deploying changes into production
- Stakeholder management
- Involvement in the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience across multiple ERP products
- Experience of delivering to an agile methodology
About Business Unit
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment – this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems?
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.