OCI Platform Architect
Introduction As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customi
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an OCI Platform Architect in IBM Consulting, you’ll serve as a leader in defining solutions for clients. You’ll be the advocate for the client while guiding the technical team to implementation.
OCI Platform Architects serve as the conduit between businesses and technology. You will use your analytical and problem-solving skills, to craft adaptable, comprehensive suites appropriate for each client.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to design technical solutions required to support business transformations and articulating proposed solutions in business terms demonstrating technical effectiveness.
- Managing or executing specific project deliverables and scope to ensure project schedules & timelines are respected.
- Have architectural oversight to provide solutions, technical guidance and functional specifications based on business requirements.
- You’ll be able to expand your Oracle knowledge base (in cooperation with Oracle trainings)
- Responsible for analyzing functional requirements and creating technical design by leveraging in-depth technical knowledge of Oracle Applications.
- Develops and communicate the detailed technology architecture and implementation strategy for a solution to the Client and project team.
- Designs applications which may run on multiple platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages. Typically Client focused and can handle complex consulting and Implementation centric development engagements independently.
- Responsible for reviewing of technical work products and ensuring adherence to quality, performance, availability, security as per industry standards.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understand end-to-end Infrastructure Architecture on large Oracle Cloud implementations
- Experience covers Oracle’s OCI products set, Oracle PaaS and aspects of SaaS solutions
- Experience in Cloud integrations using OIC, VBCS, Rest APIs/Web Services • Knowledge of Cloud applications HCM/ERP/OAC/CX/EPM
- Knowledge and experience/understanding of Environment Management of Oracle Cloud
- Manage database solutions, including performance tuning, high availability, disaster recover and monitoring services
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of usage, licencing and security
- Understanding and Experience in using Oracle Management Cloud.
- Deploying changes into production
- Stakeholder management
- Involvement in the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.