Description Role title: NPBD Operations Senior Manager Function: VBPS Band: F Department: Vodafone Business Products and Solutions Reports to: Head of New Platforms Business Development (NPBD) Loca
Role title: NPBD Operations Senior Manager Function: VBPS
Band: F Department: Vodafone Business Products and Solutions
Reports to: Head of New Platforms Business Development (NPBD) Location: UK / SP (Malaga)
Vodafone is the acknowledged world leader in IoT with over 120 million connections worldwide. New Platforms Business Development (NPBD) is Vodafone’s first innovation incubator start-up, enabling the transition from Internet of Things to the Economy of Things, where edge devices have the capability, intelligence and trust to autonomously transact with each other and the world around them. Vodafone’s innovative Digital Asset Broker provides this capability, intelligence and trust required to enable the Economy of Things.
The Operations Senior Manager will be part of the leadership team and will be accountable for the operational support and in life management of DAB (Digital Asset Broker) platform and any other platform in the NPBD portfolio, infrastructure as well as and customer services.
- Set up and lead the NPBD Operations team
- Develop and report of operational KPIs
- Own the creation and maintenance of support processes and tools, focusing on zero-touch change management
- Develop digital operations (1st, 2nd and 3rd line) including chatbot and other means of customer interaction
- Support the provision of major incident reports and Service Incidents for the Vodafone contracted services provided to the customer by following standard Vodafone processes
- Improve time to market of DAB solutions and any other platform withing the NPBD portfolio, through speed of Infrastructure readiness
- Ownership of the Customer experience from the lens of all actors
- Responsible for capacity management including cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with the Software Development teams to improve the balance between the speed of deployment, code maturity and technical debt
- Set up the Operations team and develop digital operations including chatbot and other
- Detect anomalies of applications or infrastructure performance and work collaboratively with the Software engineering team to drive a speedy resolution
- Drive the continuous monitoring and measurement of application and infrastructure performance
- Drive the continuous quest for zero software defect, ensuring that software that leaves Engineering is tested and robust for production scale
- Drive a culture of DevOps, focusing operational excellence
- Spearhead innovation, encourage a ‘fail fast’ mentality in the team
- Demonstrable experience with environments provisioning, configuration, deployment, monitoring and decommission
- Experience with Cloud services, containers and microservices
- Experience with Automation and Cloud Operations
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with ability to build and develop relationships across various levels of the business
- Ability to articulate and communicate complex technical information and impacts clearly for a non-technical audience
- Strong process, tool, documentation and reporting design, implementation & management skills and experience
- Excellent awareness of blockchain technologies, previous experience working within a blockchain (ops) role would be advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standards
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision with a determination to succeed, balanced with appropriate tact and diplomacy.
- Strong experience of Agile SAFe and DevOps ways of working and tools (e.g.: JIRA)
- Experience in Technology and/or Business function and strong technical understanding of Telecommunication Networks, IT and Product & Services.
- Ability to manage multiple & changing priorities and take accountability for decisions made.