Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you our new senior HR specialist in Employee and Labor relations? You will be the Head of Employee and Labor relations for IBM in Sweden and the expert on labor law, collective agreements and terms of employment in IBM Sweden. In addition, you will co-ordinate ER/LR matters for the Nordics region and have the opportunity to interact with labor relations colleagues across Europe. You will be joining a senior HR team, based in Kista, Stockholm working in an advanced business environment. You will be working closely with managers, leaders, executives, HR colleagues and union representatives.
In this role, you will provide strategic advice and consultation to senior leadership and internal business partners regarding a full spectrum of labor relations matters: Pro-actively engage with extended teams to drive/support HR initiatives. Anticipate any difficulty/challenges regarding implementation of projects. Assess employee impact on key division or enterprise-wide business proposals and proposed reorganizations; manage severance administration and policy guidance as appropriate for business partners. Additionally, in this role you will have an oversight for Employee Relations in the Nordics and be a member of the Employee & Labor Relations Leadership team in Europe.
The main Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide expert advice and counsel to leaders and HR in labor law, collective agreements and terms of employment in IBM Sweden.
- Lead negotiations and dispute handling.
- Collaborate with region/Business and global organization to deliver HR solutions.
- Set up/develop the appropriate ER/LR processes.
- Lead and develop training to managers and HR in your area of expertise.
- Provide ER/LR co-ordination with and leadership of the Nordics region.
Position Qualifications Core Competences:
- Negotiations skills
- Change Agent
- Business Acumen
- Team player
- Experience from working with labor law, collective agreements and terms of employment experience from international environment/organization
- Experience from leading complex projects
- Ability to build trust in all relations (managers, colleagues, union representatives)
- Expert in labor relations & law environment in Sweden and basic knowledge in labor relations & law environment in Nordic
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in Labor law or HR
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Fluency in Swedish and English
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Significant experience as a Labor Relations and ER Professional/HR Generalist or other comparable experience in compliance relating to employment law. Experience in complex LR issue management required
- Experience successfully implementing programs across country distributed teams
- Excellent planning and organization skills; attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Comprehensive understanding and application of HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be articulate and possess persuasive communication style with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills; must be resilient and able to drive for results and set priorities under shifting/ambiguous conditions. Ability to influence and build strong working relationships
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See “Your Role and Responsibilities”
ER/LR expertise and a strong business acumen
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.