Our UK Insurance Technology practice empowers some of the biggest Insurance clients to solve their most complex business problems and transform their organisations through embedding the latest technology in their organisation.
You’ll have the amazing opportunity to collaborate alongside a vibrant, experienced team of Analysts, Developers, UX Designers and Architects in the Insurance business. We want you to learn how to deliver compelling technology-based builds and solution implementations from the team. Alongside your career development with us, you will gain exposure to some of the biggest and best Insurance companies in the world and find out why our clients value our insights and experience.
As part of the EY Insurance Technology practice, you will have the opportunity to work across a portfolio of engagements that will challenge you in areas such as Insurance Core Technology implementations, applying Blockchain technology to insurance, Mobile & Portals and Cloud Capabilities. Our EMEIA focus means that our team has a footprint that spans several geographies in Europe and continued investment in our practice has grown the team 30% year-on-year.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with an Agile mindset, business problem solving skills, industry knowledge of Insurance and/or Management and Technology Consulting practices to supplement our strong capabilities and fuel our continued growth.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications – External
Your key responsibilities
- Demonstrating knowledge and experience in one or more market areas and technical skills (i.e. Policy, Billing and Claims in General Insurance or Life Insurance)
- Demonstrating knowledge and experience of designing and planning the implementation of new systems and technology to address business requirements
- Demonstrating knowledge and experience of configuring technology packages
- Demonstrating knowledge and experience in using tools for application development including tools for coding, testing, debugging, documenting, reviewing and reconfiguring
- Experience of development and operations (DevOps) practices for software configuration, integration and deployment to various platforms and operating environments. Ability to understand how merging development, quality assurance, and operations (deployment and integration) into a single, continuous set of processes improves agile delivery
- Demonstrating knowledge and experience to develop specific solutions to facilitate and optimize the integration of various technology components, interoperability of systems and their interfaces. Ability to integrate various architectural components such as networks, servers, system platforms and interfaces
- Leading Scrum teams / workstreams as part of large technology programme agile delivery in a cross countries model
- Managing end-to-end project delivery through effective project management, within agreed financial and time constraints
- Building long term trusted advisor relationships with our clients
- Work closely with clients to understand their fundamental business challenges and bring our experience of Insurance and Technology to enable them to transform their business
- Bringing insight, perspective and your experiences to clients in the insurance sector
Skills and attributes for success
- Solution architecture; Large scale programme delivery (e.g. agile and waterfall)
- Technology package implementation (i.e. Guidewire, Fadata, Duckcreek, etc.)
- Target Operating Model; Process Automation, BPM and Digital Platforms, e.g. Pega, Mobile, Portals
- IT Strategy: Leading and developing a team
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and manage cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Experience of developing propositions that are current and relevant to our clients
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
- Team player and leader who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Working knowledge of the different SDLC and Agile project management methods such as SAFe, Scrum, Kanban and Scrumban
- Strong understanding of the insurance value chain or a part of it (from distribution and customer management through to administration – servicing, underwriting & claims management)
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience in Insurance gained through a top tier consultancy, a specialist financial services consultancy and/or a top tier insurer
- Experience of working on large technology implementations from a business or technical perspective with knowledge of requirements gathering and process definition;
- Track record of successful delivery on large technology implementations, from business requirements gathering through go-live.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good appreciation of current market trends and how these are likely to impact key industry players
- Technical grounding and proven experience developing technical requirements and specifications, including knowledge of software engineering methodologies, reporting tools, modelling and testing
What we look for
- We look for individuals who show the potential to develop strong client relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Team players who openly support, encourage and share knowledge with colleagues
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!