About the role
Working with our clients’ leadership teams, our consultant will deliver solutions to address complex R&D and Commercial challenges. They will be required to scope, size and pull together multi-disciplined teams to deliver and drive forward the solution. They will be expected to be a hands-on delivery practitioner, able to motivate and robustly drive a team through a complex plan of work. They have a well-developed technical background coupled with strong stakeholder management.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in some or all the following areas of R&D:
- Demonstrate working to the best industry standards and ensure that the delivery of the solutions is pragmatic, timely and aligned to the Clients business requirements;
- In possession of knowledge of emerging technology and to bring these concepts to PwC programmes to enhance the value of the PwC client offering.
- Emerging Technology: AI, RPA, Robotics, Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Industry recognised R&D standard applications: Oracle, Veeva, Planisware, Aris-Global
- Sector specifics analytics platforms: Experience in Digital Health, Product lifecycle management
- (PLM)Regulatory Information Management, Pharmacovigilance, Quality Management Systems,
- Commercialisation and Market Access
- Human Skills: Critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, emotional intelligence
- An inspiring team leader, able to rapidly establish and lead high-performing, multi-disciplinary, cross geography teams, drawn from across PwC, our clients’ staff and third party organisations;
- Market Making – Bring an ability to align new technologies to solve business issues, building awareness, building brand and supporting the sale of tech enabled programs; in support of process redesign and business transformation case development;
- Individual, social and business interaction – flexibility in using a range of influencing styles in order to build strong sustainable relationships, and demonstrating the firm’s values; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships;
- A confident and impactful communicator and manager of senior stakeholders, both written and verbal, able to clearly explain the programme to various audiences;
Essential Skills & Experience Required
- Consulting experience from a professional services, advisory or internal consulting environment
- Client focussed and commercially astute
- R&D experience from the public sector, healthcare & pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, consumer sector
- Compliant with professional standards
- Able to lead a team and to work towards shared goals
- Able to develop self and others
- Adaptable and with an innovative approach to their work
- Can effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with different audiences
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and report writing skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.