Our Digital Platforms Practice
PwC has formed a world-leading digital practice to help our clients define the next generation of banking. Leveraging our heritage in financial services, plus our experience at the forefront of digital banking today, we bring a unique perspective on how to turn new and emerging technology into cut-through customer propositions, and help tomorrow’s leaders to build or recalibrate business models for success.
PwC has unique assets to help clients get ahead in this new age of banking. These solutions give our clients access to premade digital platforms, ecosystems and business model blueprints, so that they don’t have to start from scratch. This not only helps clients to accelerate digital transformation, but also gives leaders confidence that they are steering their business and business culture in the right direction to remain successful in the future.
To support this rapid growth we are looking for people who enjoy the excitement of shaping new ideas and working as part of multi-disciplinary teams on complex challenges, where each project is likely to be different to the last. We are looking for candidates with the passion and commitment, intellect and experience that can enable our clients’ success in the intensely competitive economic environment of the digital age.
About the role
There is significant market growth expected over the coming years in Financial Services banking digital transformation driven by the following factors:
- Banks have spent years on developing digital apps, but not digitised their underlying platforms. Cost reduction and need for agility is bringing this to the top of the agenda
- It is generally acknowledged that ‘custom build’ digital banks by incumbents is not a good strategy and that traditional ‘core banking replacement’ programmes destroy value.
- Covid has brought channel shift and digital capabilities front and centre. Migration to digital banking just accelerated this shift by 3-4 years
- Banks are now looking to transform using business led, cloud based ecosystem solutions that can be configured, deployed and adapted quickly.
- PwC has developed a unique and innovative set of assets, platforms and ecosystem partnerships to support our clients capitalising on that growth.
- Working with our clients’ executive teams, our Senior Solution Architect will take the lead role in developing solution and technical architectures, business case development, as well as supporting the delivery of banking transformations by providing architecture oversight and leadership. They will provide architectural and technical leadership on programmes involving business critical multi-application environments that will enable and unlock new value streams within the client’s technology base.
- They will have wealth of experience as an architecture lead on the delivery of multi-year technology delivery programmes at global, multinational clients or will have worked at tier 1 technology firms to lead the implementation of their solutions from an architectural perspective to clients. They will have led large, distributed, multi-disciplinary teams including partner teams, across the full life-cycle of a project, practising agile delivery methods and utilising ‘new’ technology such as AI, IoT, etc. They will be able to provide diagnostic leadership on current architectures and be the technical and solution lead in executive level client discussions at tier 1 financial services institutions in both proposal and delivery phases.
The Senior Solution Architect will have extensive experience in architecting and delivering core banking transformation in financial services. They will provide oversight of the overall architectural design by bringing deep understanding of the technology trends in financial services and several years of experience as lead architect architecting and delivering cloud native, API enabled and data led architectures in the industry. They will quickly become a trusted advisor for our clients in the area of core banking transformation and customer/products migration and be able to advise and reach consensus on architectural decisions and technology choices at senior executive level.
They will set themselves apart by being able to lead and provide oversight of the development of solutions for both emerging and often cloud based technologies and client legacy systems in a way that delivers value to the client and enables the client to move to an agile technology estate. They will advise clients and partners at executive and board level, guiding them as they make appropriate software and vendor choices to support this plan and apply several best of breed technologies to create an overall solution. Ultimately they will act as a senior technical advisor to our clients’ executives and board as they seek to grow revenue, remove complexity, scale globally, reduce costs and set our clients for success in the digital age.
The Senior Solution Architect will have a proven track record advising Banking & Capital Markets clients on how to transform their organisations through leading on business case development, taking lead roles in developing solution and technical architectures as well as supporting the delivery of banking transformations by providing architecture oversight and leadership.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will:
- Have an extensive history of leading the development of solution architectures of large technology enabled business transformations encompassing the wide range of multi-disciplinary skills required to deliver change through emerging technologies;
- Be a trusted adviser, with a track record of advising senior executives and company boards on executing value led technical transformation within leading organisations;
- Have 15+ years’ experience as a technical/solution architect – with a successful track record of designing and delivering complex programmes including emerging technologies underpinned by cloud components and API, in one or more industries The candidate will have experience in all of the following areas:
- Industry Knowledge: Experience and understanding of the Financial Services industry, including knowledge of the technological capabilities required, challenges and vendor landscape.
- Core Banking Technology: deep understanding of the market and vendors, strengths and weaknesses as well as supporting capabilities (e.g. payment, accounting, risk, product management)
- API and Integration: extensive experience in API and ecosystem integration architectures, design patterns, API platforms and technology landscape.
- Digital Architectures: Architecting end to end digital solutions for business and operational teams leveraging DevOps capabilities
- Industry recognised front and back office applications: Broad understanding of SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Workday, etc. and functional knowledge
- Transformational Enterprise Architectures: Integration/middleware solutions, Open API’s, Microservices/Containerisation, etc.
- Enterprise cloud vendors: Migration to cloud using either Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or any other large cloud providers
- Emerging Technology: Architecting solutions using emerging technologies such as AI, RPA, Drones, Robotics, Blockchain, etc.
- Have market presence, having a personal significant track record of delivering impactful results across a large network of clients;
- The ability to inspire teams, being able to rapidly establish and lead high-performing multi-disciplinary, cross geography teams drawn from across PwC, our clients’ staff, and third party organisations;
- A proven track record of building effective relationships with third-party delivery organisations through the process of sourcing, selecting, and managing the technical engagement with vendors/software providers;
- An impactful and confident communication style, equally comfortable in both written and verbal communications and able to clearly explain their programmes and associated benefits / imperatives to non-technical and technical audiences alike.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.