In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Data Insights & Forensics professionals are experienced advisors built on Kroll’s DNA of risk and investigations. Traditional technologists (forensics, data analysis, discovery) and data scientists converge with globally experienced fact-finding professionals to provide clients with unparalleled end-to-end technology, data analytics, and integrity solutions throughout the Compliance, Investigation and Litigation lifecycle.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
The Director will work as part of the Data Insights and Forensics practice. This role involves the ability to lead teams in collaborative problem solving and execution, to grow existing and build new client relationships, and to bring your technical and commercial experience to shape the future of our practice. A fundamental understanding of structured and unstructured data analysis, and the correlation between the two is paramount.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading small and large teams on complex open-ended investigative projects to discover anomalies, unusual behaviors/trends, and to measure risks for the purposes of forensic and regulatory investigations, compliance and litigation work. Example areas of work will include fraud, bribery and corruption, sanctions, money laundering, data governance and privacy, market abuse, insider trading and many more
- Supporting business development initiatives
- Mentoring and coaching team members to provide career guidance and drive team and individual performance
- Collaborating creatively with Kroll colleagues to create cross-functional value-add solutions with data and analytics components
- Enhancing our practice’s market presence with thought leadership, conference/seminar representation and targeted client interaction
- Significantly contributing to growth and strategy of our practice
To qualify you must have:
- 10 years’ work experience with database architecture, mapping, and analytic technologies, some of which is in the forensic and compliance area
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results, delivering high quality work with a client centric mindset
- Managing and delivering projects including budget planning and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. Computer science, Mathematics
- Significant experience in:
- Complex, defensible data discovery, collection, ingestion and analysis
- Design and review of complex SQL and/or Python scripts
- Scoping, drafting and delivering client proposals in a manner that clearly explains the benefits of data and technology centric approaches
- Demonstratable technical experience with some of the following:
- Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Neo4j
- Scripting and exploration: Python, R, SQL
- Visualization: Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio, Spotfire
- Big data: Spark, Hadoop, Blockchain, Data Lakes
- Cloud computing: Azure, AWS
Ideally you will also have:
- CAMS, EnCE, CISSP or Cloud Architecture (AWS/Azure) certifications
- Database back end and managed review experience with document review platforms such as Relativity
- Strong understanding of financial system data (e.g. ERP, trading, compliance)
- Knowledge and application of statistical techniques
- Awareness of machine learning approaches, including Natural Language Processing and pattern recognition techniques
- Natural inclination towards math / statistics / data
- Oral and/or written testimony
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.