Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Compliance Manager
We are looking for a dynamic and driven person to fulfill the role of Compliance Manager for our UK entity and custody business line. This individual will be responsible for oversight of our compliance with AML and CTF rules, lead the operation of and effectiveness of the systems and controls in our financial crime compliance. Therefore the successful candidate will have gained experience in the financial industry and proven experience in a compliance function whilst being excited to design, lead, and shape the future of cryptocurrency oversight and compliance.
The individual will engage with multiple internal stakeholders across the business and risk functions, as well as externally with regulators and industry bodies. As we operate in a complex and multi-layered regulatory environment, there will be a lot of coordination with the US office to ensure that UK jurisdictional compliance practices are adhered to in a multi-entity structure. The other key market being the European Union and keeping on top of regulatory developments there, specifically around the EU’s Digital Finance Strategy and the draft regulation on Markets in Crypto-assets (MiCA). This role is well suited to an accomplished compliance professional looking to apply their existing knowledge, and build bespoke compliance and risk management frameworks for the new asset class of cryptocurrencies.
- Assist the MLRO in overseeing Genesis Custody’s UK compliance framework
- Review, assess and enhance compliance policies/ procedures and the compliance monitoring program to reflect developments in the regulatory environment
- Collaborate on new and innovative product offerings within the custody business line to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Oversee and enhance KYC/CDD programs conducted by the broader Genesis Group when onboarding new clients to the custody product line and on an ongoing basis
- Contribute to the risk analysis of our new cryptoasset listing program
- Draft internal and external Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Assist the MLRO with managing all regulatory inquiries
- Provide internal reporting to broader senior management on our compliance surface area and key metrics on a product and corporate level.
- Work with other departments on matters of data protection and help ensure compliance with data protection law.
- Provide training to relevant staff on regulatory and legislative requirements, as well as the maintenance of training records
- Good level of experience in a compliance/risk related function at an investment bank, wider financial services. Ideally has also worked with new products or in a Fintech environment.
- Bachelor’s level degree required and professional qualifications preferred
- Experience of designing and/or implementing compliance testing/monitoring programs, including experience relating to the testing/monitoring of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime controls
- Strong business acumen and the ability to be a business-minded regulatory advisor
- Knowledge of financial services regulation in the UK and EU
- Ability to proactively analyse relevant business drivers and strategies with senior management and colleagues to put in place appropriate processes and controls.
- Confident and prepared to voice concerns and challenges; key stakeholder engagement skills required
Nice to haves
- Experience working with product teams launching fintech, financial services, investment, or similar products.
- Knowledge of main blockchain protocols and chain tracking
- Experience in working with cryptocurrencies
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
- We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
- We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
- 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
- 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
- 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
- 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
- We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
- We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
- We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.