Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a user experience designer who is a solid analytical thinker and can work closely with a cross functional team to design products that are modern and user-friendly. You are comfortable working alongside other design team members as well as interacting with a variety of other product team members. You will help to enforce high quality standards for our products and for our users, backed up by research. In the role of UX Designer, your job is to conduct research with real users so that improvements are based on real user behavior and ensure that our products are intuitive, accessible, and usable.
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions
- Proficient in IBM Enterprise Design Thinking methodologies
- Improve the user experience and user interface for new and existing security products
- Conduct competitive analyses of other products that operate in the same space
- Develop high-level and detailed storyboards, customer journey maps, mockups, and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Lead by collaborating with cross-functional design teams to complete projects on-time
- Using JIRA / GitHub tools to support agile methodologies and manage your projects
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Qualification in Human Computer Interaction, Web Design with a focus on User Interface or related field & or 3-4 years of related experience preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communications, storytelling, and documentation skills
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- Solid analytical thinker
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Experience with collaborating or leading user research
- Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wireframing, interaction design, visual design, and design best practices
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical background
- Experience designing enterprise applications
- Experience creating clickable prototypes (Sketch, Flinto, Invision, Adobe XD)
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.