My client is a Swiss foundation, supervised by the Swiss Federal Foundation Supervisory Authority. Their purpose is the promotion of blockchain protocols through grants and other capital deployment vehicles. The Information Technology team supports the general IT needs of the business but also maintains parts of the technology stack behind the Blockchain.
The headquarters are based in Zug, Switzerland and there are subsidiaries of The Foundation across the globe.
The Technology team supports several key systems for the Foundation that directly and indirectly support the Blockchain. The Engineer will be a hands-on cloud guru who can design, develop, implement and support solutions both on-premises and in the cloud.
The infrastructure needs to be available 24×7 with high tolerance to failure and it is expected that some on-call work will be required. However, callouts are not expected to be frequent.
- Maintain the Foundation’s supporting IT infrastructure both on-premises and in the cloud (AWS)
- Design and develop new IT infrastructure to the requirements of the Foundation and the Head of IT
- Provide ongoing support on a rota basis to ensure that the infrastructure always on
- Deliver working CI and glue code to reliable automate service rollout
- Assist the Head of IT with new IT projects and be a subject matter expert on AWS technologies
- Flexible attitude, able to work individually and in a team
- Proficiency in Unix-based operating environment such as Linux and FreeBSD, along with debugging, scripting and routine maintenance
- Working knowledge in Amazon Web Services including EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Container Services, HSM and Lambda.
- Knowledge of deploying applications using Docker and Continuous Integration
- Experience of working with large system deployments with high-availability and high-security requirements
- Understanding of Blockchain. Knowledge of concepts such as proof-of-stake, wallets, mining and baking would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of GIT (including Github and Gitlab)
- Ability to document a technical solution.
- Profound knowledge and experience in information security.
- Some experience of non-AWS cloud services such as Azure or GCP would be an advantage.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £92.00-£200.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift