The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The infrastructure running industries like transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products. As Infrastructure specialist you will be supporting applications running on Linux (e.g. RedHat) platforms.
As your responsibilities you will:
- Maintain, design and provision Linux (RedHat) and add on RedHat OpenShift infrastructure considering various cloud architecture and deployment models.
- Focus on Linux tasks: Configuration & patch management, Log monitoring, Access management, Improve security posture, Vulnerability scan execution and resolution.
- Focus on Openshift: Create RedHat Container Platform Cluster. Deploy and implement Ansible playbooks. Implement task control, deploying files to manage host and host pattern design, role and policy-based playbook creation, optimize compute, storage and network service design.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 5 years experience as IT infrastructure specialist for maintaining Linux IT environments.
- Certification: Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent Linux distributor certification.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 3 years experience as IT infrastructure specialist for Maintain, design and provision of complex Linux IT environments.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) / Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (RHCOE-PAAS)
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) basic certification
- Soft Skills: Agile Practices Knowledge and ability to work well as a Team!
About Business UnitAt Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.