As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
Within IBM Global Business Services (GBS), the service line Enterprise Strategy represents the spearhead of IBM’s consulting business. At IBM Enterprise Strategy we combine traditional strategy consulting with our technology heritage and design capabilities. This puts us in the pole position to support and advise in an ever-changing environment where organizations are challenged by technology-driven disruption.
We work side by side with our clients in inter-disciplinary teams to reimagine their role in the industry and to create new business value through emerging technologies, including data analytics and artificial intelligence, quantum computing, or blockchain. With our proven technology assets, methodologies, partnerships and research capabilities, IBM is uniquely positioned to help our clients navigate this shift. We design best-in-class digital strategies, quickly implement them in a test & learn approach with world leading experts and orchestrate the value creation throughout the transformation.
As an advisor within Enterprise Strategy, you work at the forefront of digital transformation of our national and international clients. In your daily work, you will be part of a highly motivated team that is responsible for developing tomorrow’s digital business strategies. You will grow and leverage your competencies by combining strategic thinking with creativity to transform businesses to seize new market opportunities.
You will work on our clients’ digital reinvention journeys across multiple stages of IBM’s engagements, including:
- Analyzing clients’ business, competition, and markets
- Designing a digital business target picture
- Envisioning value generating, digital initiatives by applying design-driven and user centric methodologies, together with design and technology experts
- Evaluating initiatives based on solid business cases and KPIs
- Shaping a digitalization roadmap and accompanying the client throughout the implementation of envisioned initiatives
Take this opportunity to boost your career, grow personally, contribute to the sustainable transformation of organizations, and work on exciting projects across industries from strategy to execution.
As a Managing Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams of talented consultants in small or medium-sized engagements
- Leading business development activities such as proposal development and shape future growth, driving 6-18 months out transformative agendas with our priority clients
- Contributing to further develop the growing strategy consulting team, including new eminence and thought leadership, talent development, offerings and community building
- Building strong long-term client relationships on (senior) management level
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt best-in-class approaches and innovative solutions to client challenges
- Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovation solutions, with a strong bias for action
- Strong problem-solving capabilities as well as deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
- Ability to design and execute digital transformation strategies for our clients, co-piloting with a team across IBM’s different capabilities
- Aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in a team environment, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
- Ability to act as inspiring leader who is passionate about developing individuals and teams, comfortable with leading them through ambiguity
- Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
- Excellent strategy consulting record (e.g., MBB or Big4, Corporate Strategy) with at least 4 years of relevant experience developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements
- Deep industry expertise (for example in Public, Retail or Automotive) and relevant experience in that industry in leading projects (including at least 1 year of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RfPs)
- Fluency in German and English in both verbal and written communication
- Excellent academic record
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.