Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
PaaS Middleware team is responsible for all the components that are between IaaS and Application layers, as Application Servers or Containers, in terms of reliability, patching and security.
- Administration and configuration of application server
- Issues investigation and troubleshooting
- Middleware refreshment and patching
- Ticket management (L2/L3 support) in collaboration with our strategic 3rd party suppliers
- Contribution to the design, technical documentation, implementation and administration of enterprise applications
- Coding of automation and monitoring scripts
- On-call service (7×24), early/late shifts
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
- Senior profile with proven working experience (5+ years) in Middleware area
- Experience in analysing technical problems and preparing and automating recurring administrative activities
- Experience in administration of J2EE Application Server (JBoss, Tomcat, Weblogic)
- Experience in containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift architecture and administration
- Experience in Ansible and Puppet languages
- Experience in Linux, AIX and related scripting languages (Bash, Korn)
- Knowledge of SSL and digital certificates
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and cope with strict deadlines
- Fluent in written and spoken English
You will get extra points for the following
- Knowledge in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain platform management
- Italian and German are considered as a plus
Now let’s talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s’ contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.